Can't boot to enigma

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,502 times. The last Post () by floatingshed.

• Help!

I have successfully (apparently, according to the box) installed Enigma2 image, but cannot access it.
    If I switch on with OK pressed I get a choice of forc, spar, and enig. Selecting enig just boots into spark!

I have loaded more than one enigma image and each one more than once but as yet I haven't even seen what enigma looks like.

Am I very stupid?

Thanks.

• Did you upgrade the bootloader before installing Enigma?

You have to go back to a previous version of Spark to get the correct Bootloader. Just goes to show how retarded the manufacturers of this box are. They know most people use Enigma 2 on their Alien so why they don't put the correct bootloader in all new versions of Spark. Its hardly rocket science is it.

I can't remember off hand which version of Spark you need to install first, but if you look through the threads on here i'm sure you will find it.

Nano

• Iv similar problem booting to e2 not sure what's happened I hold the middle button select e2 get to boot and that's it stuck tried various images no joy but I can still boot to spark wiered any help would be great thanks

• As said before have you downgraded Spark to get the right bootloader. If you haven't it doesn't matter what you do you won't get Enigma to install until the box has the correct bootloader.

End of Story.

Nano

• i have latest spark and works fine im afraid
    might depend on how you update
    i simply put put PKT-hyperion V3 svn 2640 mod by SeNsUi(best img imo) files "e2jffs2 + uImage"into a enigma2 folder on rout of usb
    its important for you to press enigma 1st...it wont load up but hangs at boot leave a few seconds then restart holding ok again
    this time pressing to the right you will see forc and hit ok
    then you should see u ld flashing leave for a few min box should restart in enigma

• sWeRvEr its a well known issue regarding the bootloader. If you purchased the box from the previous sponsor it would have come with the correct bootloader already installed. The Bootloader only updates with certain versions of Spark, the previous sponsor used to do the downgrade to get the correct bootloader and then upgrade the version of Spark again.

As the new updates didn't have a bootloader upgrade it just stays with the one from the previous version.

I think that pretty much explains it.

Nano

• It has been a while since I did this, however I am almost certain you can install it via Spark from the PLUGIN menu.

Def an e2 install in there, I have just looked, but as I prefer Spark as my mum can see the TV Wall better I aint trying it for you unless you fail to get it going after trying all of the above.

Any problems, then I will as I have restore image, but aint pissing my mum off while she is watching TV lol

• didnt know that :)
    however i an only give the information that i know as i am trying to help but hopefully your post will sort out problem if mines doesnt

• The amiko 8900 and alien2 can be very fussy when loading images from spark, you can almost tell when loading the file if it only takes a few seconds and says finished it won't boot. It should take over a minute to do it properly.
    I found out by trial and error that i get less failures if i format the usb stick before transferring the image.

• Research suggests that the Spark version required is: 1.2.51 E2
    However this is not available via the Spark update page, the lowest version is *.*.65
    Where would I get the 51 version and how would I load it?

Thanks.

• Right, got the correct version of Spark. Loaded it from USB.
    Then loaded an E2 image (Champions OpenAR-P), it seems to have loaded, pre-tuned to 28.2, however there is no video output whatsoever! Sound is fine.

Any thoughts? Anybody?

Thanks.

• I dunno, i purchased a clone Chinese Chicken Curry from Asda the other day. It tasted nothing like the one from he local Chinese takeaway :lolz:

• Tee hee! Made me smile despite the frustration of this b**** box!

I am now able to boot to spark again. But it was very flaky until I upgraded to the latest spark (69), now seems happy.
    However I can't access e2 and if I try to downgrade to spark (51) to allow me to re-load e2 I get an error about incompatible database and app.

I imagine this not a clone as it came from Lavatronics in Leicester.

• I would speak to the company you had it from (I can't bring myself to type the name of said company) and ask them for advice. Since they seem to think the crappy Alien 2 is the best thing since sliced bread they will more than likely be able to help you.

Glad to hear you got it working in Spark, If its the same as the SHD-8900 you should be able to get a recovery image for it which will put it back to factory settings, ask the boxes retailer who will hopefully point you in the right direction.

I'll be honest i haven't much experience with this box as the Piece of s**t broke down before i had chance to really play with it, but hey thats another story.

Nano

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!