*** Uk New pairing, Have I been Whacked

There are 103 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 20,853 times. The last Post () by 42O.

• i have athomson box, but never use it so never seen this onscreen business.
    i will have a go and see, if this i have to contact *** and give them postcode etc.
    but i did give it to them when paired the thomson??
    hmmmm

• but one off the members was using an old sly+ sd box

yes

they wish to have a record of who is using exactly what,so people can be targeted for upgrades.
    its also possible that they are preventing repairing,ie people who once paired with a more modern box,pairing again now with a Thompson.

my card was never paired with any box so i didnt have this issue.
    and like i said,all is well again now after doing what i said above.the card has still never seen a *** box,however it is now probably paired to the Thompson for the first time even though its never been inserted.

Ian.

Edited 3 times, last by ian1095 ().

• stevejo
    as we said b4 my card was never in original receiver so don't know how its been paired could be what Ian has said and they just turned me off
    anyway got me self a tomson box

yes buddy but you are always paired to some type of box on the system you have to be , maybe not paired by placing it in the drx , but still you went off ??

• Ian they know who is paired to what all your box and card details show up in your account , its physically impossible to have an active card without a box the system will not and cant send initial hits an emm without it ,so they do already know they have to BTW im not disputing what your saying so dont think that its the system setup they know

Edited once, last by stevejo ().

• to be honest you are probably correct and once upon a time many years ago the card may have been inserted into the box,like you say for activation.

but i repeat this is probably a counter measure to prevent repairing and its possible that what worked for me may not work for others,if this 2nd pairing is not with the same box as they have on record for your account details.

im guessing here and this is pure speculation,but mine may have been turned on again because i supplied them with the same details that they have on record for my account.

Ian.

• after all if you think about it,this would be a great way to prevent people going to ebay and purchasing Thompson boxes and repairing their cards with those boxes to be able to continue to use C/S

Ian.

• Its not all speculation buddy they more than likely find it cheaper an easier to put messages on your screen than call and letter you to upgrade that will be fact and they are temporarily killing boxes to make you respond to upgrade requests ,however as with the icoms system on cable tv the box/card will never be active without both on the system even an incorrect serial number that is not on the sly inventory would not work there is an inventory list that gets cross checked and throws an error message on the customers service reps screen upon trying to send a hit to the box and card , they have a history of where every box has ever been and a card is user specific , putting a card into the box doesnt pair it its already paired ,as far as drx boxes the card get alterations from the box software when inserted and we now have a cs specific version of paired where people think the card has never been paired as its not been in the box ,its would be good if we could get feedback off troubled peers after trying what ian has done to see if this is whats causing the recent issues , thanks for your input Ian
    :14_002:

• tomthebomb1968

Can you post some info?? Reader config as it was when you got the update.
    & like stevejo asks above, otherwise this thread is going nowhere and will be closed..

Ok I have 4 boxes in my house VU+ Duo2 ,Solo2,Dm800 clone and spiderbox900hd
    Have tried on the duo2 and solo2 as client with mgcam and cccam , all good except the hd channels
    The *** hd box is a thompson DRX890-C
    I was not turning au on just to et updates near end time, I have always had it activated with no problems before

Have adjusted config to as you recommended in your post. It was originally as your post except i wasnt saving unique emms

[reader]
    label = ***_HD
    protocol = pcsc
    device = 2
    caid = 0963
    detect = cd
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-s = 1
    blockemm-g = 1
    saveemm-u = 1
    lb_weight = 101
    dropbadcws = 1
    auprovid = 000963

• Thanks m8, The only difference to my configs in green:

[reader]
    label = ***_HD
    protocol = pcsc
    device = 2
    caid = 0963
    ident = 0963:000000
    detect = cd
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-s = 1
    blockemm-g = 1
    saveemm-u = 1
    lb_weight = 101
    dropbadcws = 1
    auprovid = 000963

I cant understand "dropbadcws = 1"?? Your card is not going to answer incorrectly!! Surely that is for proxied readers?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited once, last by thatfellow ().

• yeah your right its amstrad , my older box was a thompson. Card still hasnt been in it for 18 months though lol

just logged 2 unique emms if thats useful guys

EDIT, not really usefull to anyone other than Sly

• yeah your right its amstrad , my older box was a thompson. Card still hasnt been in it for 18 months though lol

just logged 2 unique emms if thats useful guys

EDIT, not really usefull to anyone other than Sly

you have been putting au off in between and seasider had his dish out for a while as it blew down in the wind just a thought as both will have missed emm for a bit

• Had to edit your post m8, unique emm is unique to your card & therefore can identify you & your activities to Rupert..
    The main purpose of logging them is to see that they are still coming or to manually write them to your card...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• you have been putting au off in between and seasider had his dish out for a while as it blew down in the wind just a thought as both will have missed emm for a bit

I haven't been altering the au to off mate, I said in my previous post that it was au on all the time. I may have worded it bad but what I was saying is that I was not turning au on when entitlements were about to run out and then turning it off again. Mine was set on all the time. My card updated on December till February some time then got another update last night to March and it's after this latest one that HD stopped.

Prophet, will empty the inbox when home on pc. Tried emptying it via tapatalk on the phone and it's not deleting them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Had to edit your post m8, unique emm is unique to your card & therefore can identify you & your activities to Rupert..
    The main purpose of logging them is to see that they are still coming or to manually write them to your card...

Appreciate you removing my rather stupid mistake mate. Didn't think, of course a unique emm will identify me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• In response to iains theory, if this was to be true then surely they would have stopped pairing the Thomson boxes?
    I spoke with a member on Oscam dev who had his paired only last week and all channels now working again on Thomson.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!