How to Install Oscam on Windows PC

There are 70 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 93,784 times. The last Post () by Sateze.

• Thanks it's working Now Mr. Master G
    webif also works fine
    now How do i Update this?
    How Do I patch this to get Extra Features?
    How Do i connect omnikey 3121 To this?
    Do i need to eventually update this?

A Lot Of questions going on in my mind now

• Since this post is 'alive' and I've asked before (stagnant).
    Why would you install this on a computer or router?
    The purpose?
    I would guess one thing is if you had a DVB card in a pc. But a router? Why?
    Anyone?

Running Oscam on a redundant device makes more sense than having your server on the STB you use on a daily basis, every time your STB reboots, crashes or you decide to re-flash you take your server offline which can be annoying to some clients.

I use an old mini pc that lives in a cupboard with no screen, mouse or keyboard attached and I can monitor and run it remotely.

• Since this post is 'alive' and I've asked before (stagnant).
    Why would you install this on a computer or router?
    The purpose?
    I would guess one thing is if you had a DVB card in a pc. But a router? Why?
    Anyone?

Running Oscam on a redundant device makes more sense than having your server on the STB you use on a daily basis, every time your STB reboots, crashes or you decide to re-flash you take your server offline which can be annoying to some clients.

I use an old mini pc that lives in a cupboard with no screen, mouse or keyboard attached and I can monitor and run it remotely.

Thanks! I asked because I have a few dd-wrt routers running at home.
    Docs and info is spotty at most.
    A block diagram of how a Linux or pc based system works would be a big 'oh, that'.
    I'm not even positive how oscam actually works on my receiver. I know it works, just tons of settings that others say 'try this' or post to place in the proper directories.
    Things like if oscam was working on a router and there were several receivers in my home....could the router handle several pv channels at the same time on my network. I'm clueless on that.
    Everything here is networked. I'm using a dd-wrt system to throw a wifi signal to my garage 300m away using an old ku dish to focus the signal.
    It's crazy being fairly new to this and trying to learn from people who throw out info in short very tekkie explanations.
    You know.....

• Andi_L:

You have to write exactly where is your problem with dvbapi.

Oscam every version should also support dvbapi mode (internal user to send EMM writes to himself).

• Which are you using the version right now ?

Try using the standard version Oscam, not Oscam-Emu.

• I want to use "OSCam for Windows" with DVB Players like DVBViewer Pro or ProgDVB or DVBDream, but the picture is black. The log file says it's OK and the channel has become unencrypted but no picture at all. Only black screen.

Please help me.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!