Gigablue Hd800 se plus how to flash this box please

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,779 times. The last Post () by klaxhu.

• Hello all and thanks in advance

i have been trying to flash this box with no success Below is what i have been trying

Installation OpenRSi image on Gigablue 800SE, 800UE and Quad.

We assume that you already installed the latest bootloader!

You need a USB flash drive that is formatted with Fat32.

Download the latest firmware from our download-section and unzip it in the root of the USB flash drive.
    On your USB flash drive, it will look like \gigablue\se or \gigablue\ue.

Content of the folder should look like:

\gigablue\se\imageversion
    \gigablue\se\kernel.bin
    \gigablue\se\lcdsplash.bin
    \gigablue\se\lcdwaitkey.bin
    \gigablue\se\lcdwarning.bin
    \gigablue\se\noforce
    \gigablue\se\rootfs.bin
    \gigablue\se\splash.bin

Turn/Power off you GigaBlue receiver.
    Insert your USB flash drive. The USB port at the back of you receiver is preferred.
    Turn/Power on your GigaBlue receiver.
    The Standby-button on the receiver will color purple, and/or, the display will prompt you in yellow text.
    In some cases, when turning on the GigaBlue, pressing the OK-button is necessary.
    Confirm flashing with the OK button and the installation will begin.

ok when i download the se plus image from openrsi site and load to formatted fat32 stick i put on stick a folder named gigablue and in this folder this is the files from the image it starts gigablue then seplus then the files in this order

splash
    rootfs
    noforce
    kernal

Is this correct as i cant seem to get box to see image to flash it also i have tried 3 sticks all same result box just boots up to openmips image which come on the box when new.

• When you look at the folder on the usb stick ,
    has it got this FULL TITLE ???? \gigablue\se

On your USB flash drive, it will look like \gigablue\se

this could be the problem/solution...

• Thanks for fast reply

IT has just gigablue then next folder seplus then next the files i just tried your suggestion and renamed gigablue se and still the same just goes to boot up.

• Thanks for fast reply

IT has just gigablue then next folder seplus then next the files i just tried your suggestion and renamed gigablue se and still the same just goes to boot up.

I can only go by e2 images as i have never used a gigablue but I would try the folder named gigablue\se not a folder inside a folder.
    only have folder named gigablue with files directly inside the stick not with another folder inside..
    worth a try

• either a previous image version to make sure its not the box
    or try another usb stick making sure there are no other sticks connected at the same time....
    nothing else comes to mind bud..

• There has been no other images on this box it was new at xmas and only getting round to trying a new image now i have tried 3 sticks and a sd card still no luck i have other enigma2 boxs and never had one that i could not flash yet

I will just wait until maybe i get a reply from someone with one of these box's to see how they have flashed it

Once again thanks for your time

• Cheers for reply malkom1

Tried bootloader and it loaded fine then tried some images and still the same box just boots up to openmips image.

Surely if its seeing the bootloader files it should see image files.

• If you flash an image for the original older Gigablue SE to a Gigablue Se+ you will brick your box. They are not the same boxes, they use different bootloars and different firmware.

If its the same flashing procedure as the original Se the file structure has to be gigablue/se on a usb stick formatted under fat32.

i am assuming that it is the same procedure to flash the Se+ as it is to flash the original Se.

Remove all external USB devices (HDD, Smargos etc etc.) and put the usb stick in the rear usb slot. switch the receiver on, after a few seconds it should flash USB on the front display then it should display CONF. when CONF is displayed press Ok on the front of the receiver and the flashing procedure should start.

DO NOT turn/power off the receiver during the installation!!

As soon as the installation is done, the receiver will reboot and the installation-wizard will appear!

Make sure you remove the USB stick once you have completed the setup wizard just in case you start the flash procedure again. If you are on an Electricity Pre-payment meter make sure there is enough credit on it before flashing your receiver as if the power goes off your box will become bricked and will only be good to use as a door stop.

Nano

Edited once, last by nano ().

• Malkom1,Nano and Cazuela a big thanks

ok what i was doing wrong was thinking the boot loader had loaded when i seen the conf on screen.

It was only when nano said when flashing image and you see conf hit ok button so i hit ok when i seen conf loading bootloader and it then loaded the bootloader so now its taking images.

Cheers for all your help.

• hello, just reading the thread & i've got the same problem how do you load the boot loader ? is it from a usb stick the same as a image.

• If its the same as it is on the older 800SE installing the bootloader should be the same as installing the image via the usb stick.

• Put the bootloader on fat32 formatted usb stick, power off box and put stick in front usb port power on box

when you see conf on display hit the ok button bootloader takes about 4 seconds to load

Then do the same with image

• thank you very much having problems at the moment tuner b won't work & unable to change password, can't use dcc to alter anything channel list/plugins ect/ so go going to put a new image on, thanks again

• just in case anyone else will read this as i had the same problem: if you don't want to go through the trouble of loading the latest bootloader (always a tiny risk of bricking the box), just rename the seplus folder in gigablue\seplus to ueplus and the image will be recognized immediately. then just hit ok on the receiver when you see conf as per guide and you will be good to go (reason being: the older bootloader don't recognize new images)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!