I Have Iphone 3GS with no original sim want to unlock to other sim card what do i do?

There are 52 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,325 times. The last Post () by Reilly.

• Another thought,

I think you can order a O2 pay as u go sim for free of their web site should be ok to get past the activate problem.

Ok mate thanks for all your answers and advice gonna look again on o2 site could not find sim free section, also do you know of a good iphone forum that may have other ideas with prob ?

Cheers
    carmine

• xSellize good forum

Give them a ring tell them a good story that a mate gave it to u and you cant afford a contract and not interested in data and as long as the phones not nicked they will send u one.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• If you're in the UK, you should be able to get an o2 sim for around 99p from a local shop/news agent. ( make sure you look at the activation expiry date before you leave the shop lol )

I had to wait almost a week for a free sim from o2, so decided to just buy one.

When you were told you needed a specific sim for iphone, they probs meant the micro sim for iphone4, but you can cut down a normal sim for that.

• If you're in the UK, you should be able to get an o2 sim for around 99p from a local shop/news agent. ( make sure you look at the activation expiry date before you leave the shop lol )

I had to wait almost a week for a free sim from o2, so decided to just buy one.

When you were told you needed a specific sim for iphone, they probs meant the micro sim for iphone4, but you can cut down a normal sim for that.

I got o2 sim from newsagents no go ?????? how do i activate it ?

• Mate try this:
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w
    worked on the 3 iphones I had before getting the newest verson.

If it is an O2 iphone you can take it to shop ( main store not corner shop ) and they should be able to unlock it for you.

If you ask them nicely they might even fully unlock it!!!

Kindest regards, Prioryman

Let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you, be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.

• Turn off phone insert sim, connect to itunes, turn on phone {works for me} I don't understand why it wont work.

The only other way is take phone and sim to o2 shop and hope its not a nicked one.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• Hello Mate,

yeah i know have been looking just so many options wanted to see if anyone else on here has done one like my misses mobile which is currently running version 4.1 (8B117) and firmware 05.14.02

Second post mate, just use ultrasn0w to unlock the phone, you can get it straight from cydia. You don't need to do anything else except download it.

• It's best to check what baseband version you have. Muscle nerd on twitterr does the unlocks and last time I heard the latest baseband is still being hacked. Baseband is not the same as firmware, it is possible to update your firmware and keep your baseband but this would have meant it was already jail broken.

However apple are now offering iPhone unlocks in the USA and we have had them available for a while now (uk) through the original carier.

• It's best to check what baseband version you have. Muscle nerd on twitterr does the unlocks and last time I heard the latest baseband is still being hacked. Baseband is not the same as firmware, it is possible to update your firmware and keep your baseband but this would have meant it was already jail broken.

However apple are now offering iPhone unlocks in the USA and we have had them available for a while now (uk) through the original carier.

Hi,

where would i find the base band as i said earlier Modern Firmware is 05.14.02 and version 4.1(8B117) ??

• Firstly sorry i never saw there was more then one page. What you would need to do it update your firmware while keeping your old baseband. Pawnage tool is the way to go, seeing as I havnt used an unlock for a long time I can't guide you through it. Iclarrified.com have good guides. Good look, if your in uk then O2 unlock for free if you was a contract customer.

• Warning: do not upgrade as normal!! This will upgrade your baseband(modem version) and the latest is un hacked.

Hi ,

I had thought i had jailbroken with greenpoison rc6 but think this was wrong version not 4.1 but 4.3 and hence why i have symbol on screen with loader but no cydia would i have to reset to version 4.1 and if so how would i do this ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!