here goes, first post after a very steep learning curve!!

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,702 times. The last Post () by vikkisdad.

• Hi Chaps, please go easy Im pretty new to all this though I have I think come a fair way in just a very short time.

The story so far........................................................ had enough of cable, 1 week later Got myself an openbox s10, read up, flashed it, forked out £27 for a 3month cline, put it into a cccam config file loaded to my openbox and opened 28.2 with an existing sly dish and pretty well chuffed with myself!

Got a large box with an 80cm motorised dish sat in the hall which is tomorrows project!!!!

Now Im thinking after a good read that it appears CCcam is off down the pan according to a few opinions around here (just my luck!!!) and oscam is the way to go?

Does this mean I have an even steaper learning curve on the horison? can I use oscam for my openbox s10? and if yes how the hell do I go about installing oscam to my box, (usb pen drive or windows installation and connect box to pc ?) editing files and loading them etc......

Think Ive done well so far and Im not asking to be spoon fed, but all im really interested in is watching, im not trying to share really just learning the ropes for now, any help in laymans terms would be very well accepted.

regards

Lanky

• lanky i wouldnt really worry about using oscam at the minute as you only really need to use it for a server for your clients to get pick+ pick+1 total waste of time maybe if you ever to decide to go down the server road that might change for you
    any questions just ask mate

• sometimes it is the only way to get a working c line until you get to know people.You are doing a good job so far m8, and will get all the help you need right here on this forum.

• yes ,but he states and I quote :Im not asking to be spoon fed, but all im really interested in is watching, im not trying to share really
    for the 108pounds per year he is giving some leech, he could get himself a card + start that way also,if he were interested in sharing of course....

• At least this lad gave it a go , some people stay away completely 'cos its so complicated, so lets support him and not slag him off, we all had to start somewhere!!!

• Lets not get away from the original post guys, we all h8 payservers very true and they have no place on this site!!!
    But to be fair if thats all he knew to get his box working was to buy a cline every 3 months who's to slag him off??? Its
    only now he is realising and reading that maybe he has opened his eyes and thought there is more to this than paying
    some CNUT !!!!
    Like scoot pointed out dont worry about oscam m8 ;)

Mutz

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• you'll be fine at the mo using cccam just to watch tv but please dont stop there as all the fun is in the learning even though at times you feel as though your banging your head against a brick wall.Best way I found was get yourself a *** package(entertainment) and a cheap DM 500 and learn to share internaly via cccam then when confident enough try sharing with a few mates,when you've cracked that you could maybe subscribe to whatever you want and then share the cost between mates.Thats the way most peeps do it,there's less risk and you know who your dealing with unlike a payserver who could just turn you off and dissappear with you money.Oscam's a different baby but once you learn cccam it'll make the transition less difficult.Finally dont be put of by some of the replies on here as we all started somewhere and i even started via a payserver site as i suspect quite a few peeps did.You'll get a lot more enjoyment out of learning only problem being you'll not watch much telly for a while:waaaht:

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!