What happens when a Sly channel changes to a new channel number?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,018 times. The last Post () by SatelliteJunkie.

• What happens when a Sly channel such as the F1 Channel changes to a new channel number? Will the channel I've stored in my VU+ Duo 2's favourites stop working?

I use Cool TV Guide to view my EPG. I saw on the internet that Sly Sports F1 HD will move to channel number 406 (was 408) from 4th February yet I can still see an EPG for 3rd February and several days later.

So do I actually need to do anything to update my channels?

I have a favourite channel list that I created. Would Autobouquets update my channel numbers in my favourites?

• So is doesn't matter if I use Autobouqets or not, the channels I have in my favourites will continue to work even if the channel number changes. Is that correct?

say it was changed on sly from 500 lets say to 501 it would work but only if its still on the same frequency off the satellite, what very often is not the case so you then need to scan for it or run ABM again ,your channel looks for the station by frequency not name , ABM is the easiest way to stay up to date

• If its custom lists you want then you maintain it simples you are the plugin

I don't understand.

In Addons Manager > Blackhole Settings > I installed the following channel list: Catseye E2 Settings 28.2E. In the Favourites menu I browsed through the channels installed then added some of them to my own Favourites list called "MyFavs".

So basically Autobouquets will update the frequencies of the channels on the Catseye channel list I installed however it won't update my "MyFavs" bouquet. Is that correct?

So how do I know when the frequencies change then so I can re-add the autobouquet updated channels to "MyFavs" bouquet?

• ABM will not update catseyes nor your own personal side list of Myfavs its all in the name its yours you maintain it , if you make some thing off standard you will then need to maintain it by your self its thats simple , thats why people use catseyes lists and ABM to take the job out of maintaining the list ,you will know when they change with a big black screen on the tv you wont miss it !

• OK but I obviously don't want to wait until my screen goes blank because I could miss some of my recordings. Is there a newsletter or forum page which tells me when Sly channels change frequencies which I can subscribe to so I can plan ahead of time?

• Is there any easier webpage to follow than that as the mass of information is overwhelming - not really sure where to start. It would be cool if I could get an email whenever frequencies change.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!