Amiko Alien 8900 vs Vu+ Solo2

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,765 times. The last Post () by Fano.

• Thats like comparing a Reliant Robin against a Ferrari. The Alien 8900 isn't even in the same league as the basic Vu+ Solo, never mind the Solo 2

The Alien uses a STi CPU with SH4 Chipset which Enigma2 was never designed to run on, therefor Enigma2 for the SH4 chipset is full of bugs and is unstable. There are also less teams writing images for the SH4 chipset, mostly using older Linux kernals. There are also issues with juddering when watching HD channels on the Alien SHD-8900.

The Vu+ has a Broadcom CPU with MIPS chipset which Enigma2 was specifically written to run on. There is more advancement with the Linux kernals as they don't have to reverse engineer them to work as they do with the Amiko box. There are more teams writing images plus there is an alliance between most of the teams that write images for the Vu+ which makes better compatibility of plugins and skins between each image for the individual teams.

Putting it basically the Vu+ is a better and more supported receiver than the crappy Amiko unit. There is a reason why the Amiko boxes are so cheap considering their supposed high speciication.

Nano

• Please allow me one more question:

As E2 is more stable on Vu+ than in Alien, don't you think that OSCAM is also more stable on Vu+ rather than in Alien?

Cheers,

Tiago C.

Everything is possible!!!

• OSCam is complied for several different chipsets & Operating systems so usually reliability isn't an issue providing the correct version is used for your particular receiver or PC.

Nano

• I had an Alien 2 but it was fairly useless with enigma. As nano says very buggy and prone to crashing. Few good images to choose from and there doesn't seem to be much interest in developing more. Bought a Solo2 and the difference is immense. Much more user friendly great epg speed of response. The list is endless. Forget the Amiko. Worst box I ever bought

• I had an Alien 2 but it was fairly useless with enigma. As nano says very buggy and prone to crashing. Few good images to choose from and there doesn't seem to be much interest in developing more. Bought a Solo2 and the difference is immense. Much more user friendly great epg speed of response. The list is endless. Forget the Amiko. Worst box I ever bought

The Alien 2 really seems to diversify opinion.
    I have one and I'm very happy with it,Triple tuner for 150 euro.
    Hyperion 3,the most popular image,is very stable now ,it runs very smoothly and is slick,I rarely get a green screen or lock up,its just as stable as my Dm800 but faster.

These receivers need a bit of time to configure and some plugins need to be installed manually but when set up properly the performance of the receiver is very good.

• First of all, thanks for all of your opinions :40_002:

My vu+ solo2 arrived few minutes ago... now its time to compare it with my old Amiko Alien 8900 ;)

Cheers,

Tiago

Everything is possible!!!

• Like anything that is released these days, there are teething problems which are improved as time goes on via the development and release of firmware updates. Seems we are the proof testers in this modern age. :)

Be nice to read your findings & feelings now that you have the mighty Solo2 in your possession und wir bedanken uns bei dir im voraus. :snicker:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!