My (messy) setup!

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,239 times. The last Post () by Sandman.

• I love setup pic threads so thought I might as well get my own up!

I'm messy...once its working I leave it lol....one day soon I'll *tidy*....light is terrible tonight and its a camera phone...damn me for selling my good SLR recently!

I have a 1M Triax dish with Black Ultra LNB and Technomate motor -

I also have a standard 60cm Sly mesh dish pointed at 28E.....

My home cinema setup is a 50 inch Pioneer Plasma with Kef 5.1 surround setup (Q7 fronts, Q5 rears, Q9c centre and modified PSW2500 subwoofer)
    My Vu+ Duo is connected to both sats giving me a static A and motorised B...

Amp is a Pioneer SC-LX83, other kit on show is my Shanling SACD player, dust gathering 360 and my vintage Thorens 150 record player! I'm sure LP's are dead to most of you guys but I recently got back into them and have ordered a new slate player and valve amp setup!

My HTPC is a custom built OrigenAE unit which passes lossless HD to the amp. The tower is my 20 drive Antec 1200 with 40TB data lol

Downstairs I have a mini HTPC feeding the living room TV and I'll retire the Duo down when the Ultimo comes out....until then its freesat via Sly!

No TV in the bedroom so if I'm desperate I'll stream to the iPad via Dreambox Live which isn't bad...sooner it does HD the better!

I've plenty of other bits and pieces but I'm sure that's boring enough for now :32_002:

• Ah cheers mate...most of my spare cash gets sunk into it all......I'd sooner waste it on that than a car that gets me from A to B lol

You can put yourself a budget HTPC together for a couple of hundred quid...well worth the effort and you'll wonder how you managed before :80:

• Code
    The tower is my 20 drive Antec 1200 with 40TB data lol

Woaw.....40TB!!!???

VuDuo2 - OpenBlackhole, VuSolo2, DM500HDv2, OpenelecBox, DM600, ---------------------------------------------
    0.8/4.8/7.0/13.0/16.0/19.2/23.5/28.2

• Code
    The tower is my 20 drive Antec 1200 with 40TB data lol

Woaw.....40TB!!!???

Well...its 40TB capacity! I'm only using 30TB at the minute....26TB on movies and 4TB for HDTV!

I rip BD ISO's at full resolution so they take up more space than MKV's but I'm guaranteed the best quality once I get a projector!

• Just noticed today on your pics that you had run the coaxial through the arm of the dish to the LNB rather than use black tape to attach it to the arm,i like this trick! hadn't even noticed that option on my own set-up.Think i will borrow this idea from you bud,lol

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Just noticed today on your pics that you had run the coaxial through the arm of the dish to the LNB rather than use black tape to attach it to the arm,i like this trick! hadn't even noticed that option on my own set-up.Think i will borrow this idea from you bud,lol

work away..I can't even take the honours, the guy who installed my dish did it!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!