2 cards

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,014 times. The last Post () by peterd.

• hi guys , i am running a debian server with smargo reader, what i want to do is add another card , the 2 cards are s*y hd & s*y sd , what i want to do is run the 2 at the same time and load balance them if poss , i have a four port usb hub attached to the server which at present is running the hd card , what settings do i need to alter in the cccam cfg file to achieve this , if someone could post the confg settings it would be most helpfull

peterd

• curiosity is killing me why would you want to run 2 cards hd/sd at the same time?? surely the HD is superior??
    or is it that they have different packages? and if so ¿ would it not be more feasible to have all in one card??
    I´m sure if you read through the previous posts you´ll find the answer to your question : Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall
    please post your ideas and solutions as I´m sure I´m not the only one interested in these situations...

• ok the simple reason is 1 card hd yes the other a multi room card £75 full package vs £10 sd full package , some my shares have sd boxes so i was going to switch them onto this multi room card to try and balance the load on the other hd card if you get my meaning.

peterd

• ok the simple reason is 1 card hd yes the other a multi room card £75 full package vs £10 sd full package , some my shares have sd boxes so i was going to switch them onto this multi room card to try and balance the load on the other hd card if you get my meaning.

peterd

I see the principle and understanding behind what your trying to do and in some ways it is a good thing to balance out the ecms hitting the cards, it is achievable but very hard to do, let me explain. If i understand correctly you wish to send your peers with hd receivers to the hd card and sd receivers to the sd card. Well the problem here is be it running CCcam or Oscam and even assigning sid's to each card there is no definite way of separating this running from one server as the emu is gonna take it from one card or another (well sd anyways). There are two ways to separating your traffic, one is either you run 2 servers (1 ip address, 2 ports) or 2 seperate servers altogether (seperate ip address for each). 2 servers is the easier option, hd card on one, the other with the sd card, each either have a different port to one dyndns ip address or 2 seperate dyndns address. Then your hd peers will have one ip address and sd peers another. The difficult one is running all from one server, if you look around (haven't seen it on this site, I may be wrong) there is a tutorial for CCcam to run multiple instances, each has its own cfg file and settings. The same can be done with Oscam, With that setup you can have 1 ip address but 2 ports to seperate your traffic, each port going to the 2 cards.

Kind of hard to explain but that best I could do. Hope it helps :P

A

• I see the principle and understanding behind what your trying to do and in some ways it is a good thing to balance out the ecms hitting the cards, it is achievable but very hard to do, let me explain. If i understand correctly you wish to send your peers with hd receivers to the hd card and sd receivers to the sd card. Well the problem here is be it running CCcam or Oscam and even assigning sid's to each card there is no definite way of separating this running from one server as the emu is gonna take it from one card or another (well sd anyways). There are two ways to separating your traffic, one is either you run 2 servers (1 ip address, 2 ports) or 2 seperate servers altogether (seperate ip address for each). 2 servers is the easier option, hd card on one, the other with the sd card, each either have a different port to one dyndns ip address or 2 seperate dyndns address. Then your hd peers will have one ip address and sd peers another. The difficult one is running all from one server, if you look around (haven't seen it on this site, I may be wrong) there is a tutorial for CCcam to run multiple instances, each has its own cfg file and settings. The same can be done with Oscam, With that setup you can have 1 ip address but 2 ports to seperate your traffic, each port going to the 2 cards.

Kind of hard to explain but that best I could do. Hope it helps :P

A

hi thanks for your reply, i would like to run the 2 cards in 1 server if poss, so the 2 cccam cfgs sounds the route i should go with the different port nos on the same no ip address , would this setup need another instance of cccam running along side the exta confg file or would 1 cccam run the 2 cards , ifso what we looking at really is 2 servers running on 1 , have you a link to the tut mate been searching about this for donkeys

thx peterd

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!