Autobouquets Help

There are 47 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,429 times. The last Post () by SatelliteJunkie.

• I would like to use Autobouquets because it automatically updates the frequencies of channels so I don't lose a picture when the frequency changes. I've installed it via the LinuxSatSupport Addon. What do I do now? Does anyone have a short guide for how to use it please?

I did these steps:

1. Perform a scan on 28.2e satellite so that you have the latest lamedb service file for 28.2 east.

2. Zap to an active channel on 28.2e so that we can get reader to read the bouquet data from the stream.

3. Now it's time to select AutoBouquets E2 plugin from the plugins menu and choose your nearest localized region. You can do that by pressing Menu. Under "Local Area Selection" select London HD.

I can see the bouquets. Will the bouquets just update the channel frequencies automatically from now on as I don't see a place that shows what time of day every day that they'll be updated on.

I read that you can create a customized bouquet from Autobouquets that will still have it's frequencies updated by Autobouquets. How can I do that?

• Official Post

Can you confirm what the version date is? You do not need to perform a service scan any longer on newest version.

If you go into the "-- Autobouquets" bouquet, the date is imprinted for you. Example: Created, Tue Feb 11 01:52:00 GMT 2014

Yes it will keep them updated for you.

With regards to customising, best to await your response about version before going further. At the moment, you cannot create extra bouquet that are maintained on the E2 version. However, you can customise existing bouquets. (The one in Commando 15 allows you to rename bouquets and has three extra "freestyle" bouquets.)

• In the About menu it says the version date is "20th October 2013". I read this from the help menu: added Custom Sort options, edit custom_sort_(N).txt files,
    channels will be generated in a user managed channel order.

Not really bothered how I achieve it - but I would like to create my own bouquet that's updated by Autobouquets when the frequencies change. How can I do that?

• Confusing. What does the below mean? It seems to suggest I can go into an autobouquet bouquet and change the sort order of the channels so I could have my favourite channels at the top of that bouquet - in effect having my own bouquet.

added Custom Sort options, edit custom_sort_(N).txt files, channels will be generated in a user managed channel order.

• Official Post

navigate to to the plugin folder, /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoBouquets . I have created a symbolic link so I can just go straight to it.

Code
    ln -s /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoBouquets /AutoBouquets

You will find a few sort files. custom_sort_3 has been left for user editing. Best to use a linux editor such as notepad++. Lets say for argument, in the Enteratinment bouquet,

You want
    BBC1,
    BBC news
    *** sports1

Your first lines will be
    01=101
    01=503
    01=401

In the lifesyle bouquet
    you want
    bbc1 again
    bbc2
    star plus

your sort file will be
    02=101
    02=102
    02=784

Hopefully you catch the drift for the rest.

The hierachy is
    Supplement
    Swap
    Sort

What this means is that if you have a swap of 101 with 141,

if your sort file is

it will actually be

You can juggle bouquets around. Normal Enigma2 action. Enable move mode etc. In the AB E2 options, default must be disabled.
    So for example, you wanted to have your customised channels in the "shopping" bouquet and not affect the others. You would move shopping bouquet to the top using the image.

Your custom-sort_3 would be the same for all others boouquets, but shopping section would contain for channels in example above

0a=101
    0a=503
    0a=401

It is handy having channels in alphabetical order, try this. I have not maintained it for a while. Please backup your existing one.

• OK I want these channels to appear in the Entertainment Autobouquet so that the frequencies will be automatically updated:

So I edited the custom_sort_3.txt file with Notepad++ and added the following below #01 - Entertainment:

In Autobouquets menu under "Bouquet Channel Sort" I changed from Default to Sort 3. Was that correct?

I went into the Entertainment autobouquet and my channels don't appear at the top. It's just listing all the default channels in order of channel number. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to restart my box for it to work?

• No need for restart. Have you run AB afterwards?

What do you mean run Autobouquets? I opened Autobouquets and pressed Green to Start. Is that what you mean?

I did that and my channels are still not showing in the Entertainment autobouquet. When I open the Autobouquets plugin Is there a specific setting I need to have there to get it to work?

• Thanks very much, it's all working now. My fav channels now appear at the top of the Entertainment Autobouquet. So if the channel numbers or frequencies change, will my fav channels in the Entertainment Autobouquet be updated automatically. Or do I need to setup the underlined item below?

In the Autobouquet Menu I noticed the following settings. What do they do?

• Other Extra Channels: Yes.
    • Scheduled Update Scan
    • Official Post

If the channel numbers change,
    What ever the official channel number is, it will be in the bouquet. (Unless you have applied a swap). This does not happen often, but as you have asked:- You will have to edit sort file.

If the channel frequencies change,
    Whole point of plugin. You dont have to worry about it.

Other Extra Channels

Places Extra/Test channels in the Other bouquet.

Scheduled Update Scan
    Runs automatically. Going by a post from Lincsat, I would not schedule for middle of night. after 06:15 is fine. Only takes 50 odd seconds. If you have crossepg downloader set, have AB run about before it.

The auto picon feature
    Converts the picons to static names. Creates symlinks to them automtically so picons will always be valid. You only have to worry about new/changed picons.

Slight issue found for ROI region. But this is in Lraizer's to do list

• No I haven't applied a swap. What is that exactly?

Do you know what time of day a channel number usually changes?

What actually happens if a channel number changes and I've set a recording for a channel? Will it just record a different channel due to the numbers changing?

I usually look at my bouquet before noon every day and set timers for shows I want to record. Is there any way to be informed of when the channel numbers change so I don't end up recording the wrong channel?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!