v*rgin super hub help

There are 56 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,948 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Official Post

You are having networking issues. Start at the lowest level and work upwards.

My advice is:
    Set all devices to dhcp.
    Make a note of the mac addresses of devices you want to have specific IP addresses. I have deliberately not used the word static.
    Perform a reset of your superhub.
    Setup admin password for router. Do not setup wifi for now.
    Connect only your PC to the hub.
    Go into the advanced settings of your router and reserve the IP address you want for your devices with specif IP addreses.
    Connect your receiver to router. If it was switched off it will autostart the network. Otherwise restart the network. It will now have the IP your reserved for it.
    Proceed to port forward as before. Don't forget that the IP ranges is 192.168.0.XXX, The ddwrt ones are 192.168.1.XXX Difference between 1/0

Setup wifi etc on router

I hope you are aware that the wifi is very poor on the S/Hub 1.

• thanks for that mate ill give that ago

• The superhub 1 was what i had, and yes i concur the wi-fi is crap on it.

I have set about 3 of these up in modem mode for friends with a DIR-615 and there has never been any issues with any of them. I cannot understand why you are having issues. When its in modem mode it just becomes a modem, it should not be able to dictate what traffic it stops and what it allows. I don't know if you can do a full reset on a VM hub as in the 2 years i had mine i never had to do it. I have had to do it once with my BT Homehub to resolve a similar issue so its worth ago.

I would just try a full reset, put it in modem only mode and try again with the DIR-615. If you need to replace the DIR-615 you can get them off ebay brand new for about £15.

Nano

• This seems pretty strongly of user error here. Like a few have said, start from scratch. Have everything on your network on dhcp and then give the box a fixed ip. Forward your ports to the ip you have given the dreambox. There really should be no problems. Just check the ports are open by going to canyouseeme.com and that should be that

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• I reckon the box is not in DHCP mode and has a static ip that has a different prefix to the router last used check that your box is set to dchp mode and reboot the stb and modem and then check again

• Vm super hub -> 192.168.0.1

Receiver settings
    If using manual/static I.P set as 192.168.0.2

Ensure nameserver is same as Router -> 192.168.0.1

I looked on teamviewer for him we got his port confirmed open

I left him saying it's his DNS settings in router that's the issue.

As said a few times in this thread? he'd be best with superhub in modem mode?
    & adding his old router again ?

Inspiral

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• hi all sorry not been replying been to work, when i had a modem and the d link dir-615 it was working fine, my dream box had a fixed ip 192.168.0.102, when i got the super hub i didnt changed no settings all i did is but the ip 192.168.0.102 and port into the super hub settings and thought all should be ok sill, well master G did it for me

its sending out c lines ok its just not reading a c line, at 1 time i thought the c line might of been offline so i got 2 24 hour test off some one and there didnt work

ive changed the Ethernet cable rebooted the box a hub loads of times, i did turn the DHCP on then rebooted the box and it did start reading a c line for about a minute then went back off, so i put the ip 192.168.0.102 back on the box

• my old router not working right mate ive got to reboot it all the time thats why virgin came out

• Right ok?
    Do as u said in my previous post in expert setup ok

Then as we did the other night
    Setup portforwarding to 192.168.0.2 & add your port tick & apply!!!

Canyouseeme will confirm if open ok??

Report bk from there ok

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• Hi

i've been off the sat scene for sometime as of yet don't know when i'll be back.

one thing stevie when changing ip addys, are you using a DNS? and if so have you registered the new address to it?
    i had very similar problems to yours and that was one of my mistakes.

regards: canthackit

• hi all, thanks everyone for there help and after all most a week ive got it working:36_002:

i put the DHCP on on the box, nameserver and gateway changed saved it reset box and superhub, turned DHCP off then put in the fixed ip back in and left the nameserver and gateway to what it changed to and all is good,

i did this befor but went off im 1 min but been on for 3 hours now and all is good lol

sending out c lines ok and reading c line ok off my mate now

did a network test on my dream box and still says network setup not ok but all is working :confuse:

• Well done buddy, all the help/advice & perseverance paid off!

As long as it's working that's the main thing....

I will close this thread now...

beer10

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!