ECM times on debian seem a bit high? 4 users

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,684 times. The last Post () by bigcheeks.

• Ok so the debian is setup and working with oscam using Newcamd to clients. On my local lan to my VU+ i get 130ish ECMs - is that high?? , last night with 3 clients i suddenly got a couple of ECMs on local lan at 3325ms ish and another client was averaging 235, couldnt see any reason why an increase with only 3 users?

I would like to do some shares to people on here but need to know its going to be stable?

Any suggestions?

Server is a Core 2 Duo Laptop with smargo USB reader updated to latest firmware?

• that does seem high to me mate ! my highest ecm time is 0.86ms ! though i am no expert ! ! !
    i'm sure i read somewhere that high ecm times can ocur when using smargo and that a powered usb hub did help reduce them ? i have no idea why just summit i read ? perhaps someone else hear does already know ? i think 3325ms is very slow ?

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• 130-ish (which is just outside the "standard margin of 120 limit") sounds like either there are other programmes (p2p,voip,***pe,etc) or other peripherals(pda,laptops, pcs,videoconsoles,etc) or a "nearby neighbour" using up you connection,,then again as rik says ,it could be simply down to your setup....
    ECMs on local lan at 3325ms ish and another client was averaging 235 does sound outlandish and irregular..
    I would go step by step through the setup from router to card to see if any possible improvements can be made..
    of course this is just an idea...I´m sure the pc servers veterans can guide you better
    ;) caz

• port 110 is used for mailing,,,lol
    I quote from a source:
    POP Server Port 110
    When you run a mail server computer, users will typically log into that
    machine via POP3 (Post Office Protocol) or IMAP4 (Internet Message Access
    Protocol) to retrieve their mail. POP3 is the most popular protocol for
    accessing mailboxes.

So now you know you´re problem,,,,more than likely...thats why CCcam uses a default 12000 ..¿why not go for a 9999, 8888,9995,,to name a few..
    as you only have a few peers ,,try it out , better to sort it out + change it now than when you have it fully running ;)
    ¿need someone to try out your new port??? I´m willing ;) caz
    ;) caz

• Port 110 should be fine and not make a difference internally as i dont run a mail server so there is 0 network traffic - i could understand for slower internet ECM's (i work in IT and run large servers etc), the reason for using port 110 is that any traffic 'monitored' by your isp would be difficult to trace on 110 as it would look like email traffic!, use port 10000 and ur isp will get onto it quickly if they want since 99% of people use it for card share???? Someone may correct me on this but u need to cover ur trails!!!

• trails???? it is normal to have traffic on ports nowadays for all the videoconsoles,video/media, to play online ..
    but as you say you work in IT????? then you shouldnt have any probs at all with anything!!!!!!
    ..I only use internet/intranet for common interest hence the friendly suggestion.. and my "training" comes from trial + error experiences..
    psml..caz

• cazuela i wasnt being funny mate so if you took offence i apologise i wasnt having a go but big brother is watching :-) so the more you can disguse the traffic the better. , i have no issues with the setup etc which is fine its just the ecm times , looks like its the usb issue as other posts suggest on here and other sites so i have ordered one for tomoz, will post my findings, then i will send u a line :-)

• no offence taken at all my friend ,,,,in fact I´m sorry you took me up the wrong way,if you´ll pardon the pun ;)
    the options here in Spain are smargo, omnikey or digital identity recognizers ( 15€ in any pc shop here)
    I used the example of p2p ,etc as it is common for the times to be higher when someone in my home is downloading/playing online, etc
    with 10mbs down 1mbs up... posting helps all of us that are interested in more than just watching the other " box" and want to learn more + more ..
    so please do post your findings,,and the line part was just a quick pull of the leg ;) as we don´t condone cardsahring here in the forum ;)
    ;) caz
    remember:
    Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• You must be using vermin as your isp by your quoted speeds . You say the isp can't monitor traffic ; sorry but rubbish !!! 100% they can . Otherwise it would be as simple as changing ports for torrents to get around traffic shaping. Whether you use port 110 , 12000 , 6666 whatever it doesn't matter . An isp who conducts dpi ( deep packet inspection ) on their network can see in an instant what your traffic is all about . For sure using a similar port to something else may keep you under the radar so to speak. On vermin media try port 5223 ( PS3 network gaming port ) runs like a train with very little dropouts !!!

Now your spike in ecm times ...... Log to your linux server if you have one and run ping to somewhere like the bbc as root user. Leave this running for about an hour or so . Then still as root in telnet window which should still be open with ping running press CTRL + C . This will now close ping function but give you a result based over the hour with packet loss % . Packet loss would for sure explain your high spikes of ecm if you are certain that your internal setup with card etc is ok

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Hi new2 thanks for reply, will try the ping tomorrow, why would that affect the internal ECM rate of my local vu+ to the server on an internal LAN (1000mbit) - it was just 2 random 3000ish ecms and a freeze on local network? Can a slow request externally cause a bottleneck? , getting ecms of 130's from another v media user on port 110 which is same as my local LAN now. Is that a pretty standard time? Settings are as per sly uk configs on here

• 130m/s is the norm i think for your card . If you are having slow request/replies over your wan due to the likes of packet loss on your isp then this does cause cccam to glitch as it sees the request as a bad command in the debug log. Again bad coding on the part of cccam. Also if you running in a debug log check you have no peers logging in twice ( trying to log in twice ) as this will also cause cccam to glitch . For your card you are better reading in oscam and using mgcamd as your internal emu anyway as this way your card will be kept updated also

new2

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• New2 I am running oscam server? Ccam 2.1.3 is only client, if 130ms is standard then I need to start loading the card! What is better , 2 cards (multi room card) in 1 server so load balance or split users into 2 groups or 2 servers, was thinking 1 private and 1 shared? Or 2 for load balance including my own share?

• For your card , setup correctly in oscam you can achieve 65-80 m/s read time . Like so : -

Linux server , powered usb hub , usb hub plugs to pc first , then smargo goes in usb hub .

Also with your card 10-15 users should be fine with a mhz speed set at 6.86.

regards

new2

• nice speeds . glad you sorted

new2

• Just to confirm , now have usb hub and mhz=686 in oscam.server and getting 79ms response! Thanks new2!

hi m8 what usb powered hub are you using? I have set pc up with ubuntu and got it working ok s a server but I did notice the ecm times were higher than my dm500 server, which I am still using. May as well get a powered usb hub before I actually start using the ubuntu server.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!