How to get a server working on a wireless router witth a dongle?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,845 times. The last Post () by Jeffzapp.

• Hi guys

Could any one be so kind to explain how to get a Debian Server working on a wireless dongle.

I am stuck with the following problem.
    I want to setup a second server
    I have a Debian Server running, connected by LAN cable to my router, since all ports on my router are used by other devices I want to get the second server to connect to the router by a wireless dongle.
    If there is a step by step tut on how to do this it would help a lot

Thnx all in advance

Greetz
    Wing

• You are right about that one is normally enough....I have an old pc and like to experiment a bit without messing up my server.
    The only way to gain knowledge is to try and do things

I also would like to set up a free server as well thats why I want to setup a second pc server.

Thnx for the info mate

Wing

• Has anyone used a 3g Dongle for a remote client, as I would like to share my own connection at my caravan. "sad I know" With the small amount of being transmitted I would be particularly interested if anyone has tethered an IPhone or similar .

• Has anyone used a 3g Dongle for a remote client, as I would like to share my own connection at my caravan. "sad I know" With the small amount of being transmitted I would be particularly interested if anyone has tethered an IPhone or similar .

You can get a little router to insert the 3g dongles sim card mate and pump the signal arounf the caravan etc..

Something like this guy

HTML
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/TP-LINK-Wireless-Router-3G-MR3220-works-Sim-Card-/150634408186?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item231282a8fa#ht_1067wt_905

Plenty on fleabay and amazon...

• I have one, i just havnt had a chance to test it curious if anyone had done it and how it performed. Particularly curious if anyone has tried to use an Iphone, exactly how much data is being sent it an hour.

• You obviously have a very switched on Uncle, I will experiment and let you know, I have unlimited data with the Iphone that is why it is of particular interest.

• Hi MaryQ

I run a Dr**mbox in my caravan. I use a 3g wireles dongle attached to one of these TP Link TL-MR3420 300MBPS WIRELESS N 3G ROUTER. I got it off fleabay for £34. They are very easy to set up and a Dr**mbox uses very little data so cheap to run.

Regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!