OpenPli 20.3. 2014 spark 7162

There are 206 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 60,107 times. The last Post () by sannyray.

• what a quality job martin on the image buddy keep up the good work any latest backups done? also how do you get the hdd mount manager to work because after going into that plugin and only work the top 2 options nothing gets said or done? my hdd gets reconised and is formatted to ext4

• When will these people learn that spark 7162 needs its OWN ENIGMA 2 Development not some 3rd party compiled from existing pli crap ported over to suit the 7162 sh4 processor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ALL CRAPPO

HDMU, PKTEAM, OPENATV, OPENPLI have all FAILED in my opinion to make anything near a solid linux system to suit the spark 7162.

Great that they all support Amiko Alien 2 spark 7162 but none of them function any way near perfect and all have plugins that are ALSO PORTED from existing enigma2 distributions !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How will they ever get the processing power to run any of this crap. The skins need to be rebuilt or simply BUILT from scratch.. PLUGINS also. What a waste of time

SOMEBODY OUT THERE BUILD A PURPOSE MADE ENIGMA2 OS FOR THE SPARK 7162 PLEASE !! sick of running these pieces of crap

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHH AND IF SPARK O/S SOURCE IS NOT MADE PUBLIC VERY SOON EXPECT THAT NOBODY WILL BE BUYING THESE PIECES OF CRAP AMIKO ALIENS BCOS VU+SOLO2 IS WAY BETTER AND WORTH PAYING $100 MORE FOR !!!!!!!!!!
    WHY CANT THEY MAKE THE SPARK O/S SOURCE OPEN SOURCE AND HAVE DEVELOPERS CUSTOMISE THE FONT END !!!!!!!! EVERY1 WOULD BUY THE BOX'S IN THE FUTURE. A SIMPLE CUSTOMISED SKIN ONTOP OF THE AWESOME DRIVERS IN STLINUX SPARK OS WOULD MAKE EVERY1 WANT TO BUY MORE

WE NEED TO WRITE A PETITION TO AMIKO ABOUT RELEASING THE SOURCE OF SPARK SO WE CAN GET OUR MONEYS WORTH OUT OF THESE DAMN FUSTRATING BOXES !!!! WHATS THE POINT OF BEING ABLE TO FLASH AN ENIGMA2 IMAGE IF THE DRIVERS ARE WAY INFERIOR THAN SPARKS ORIGINAL ONES OR PERHAPS SOMEONE CAN TELL ME IF THEY ARE SAME

SOMETHING IS JUST STUPID ABOUT THESE BOXES !! YOU CAN RUN A BLIND SCAN ON THE SPARK OS SIDE ON A SATELLITE IN A COUPLE OF MINUTES (FASTEST YOU'VE EVER SEEN) !!!YET YOU CAN'T GET A SIGNAL PERCENTAGE READING ON THE INFOBAR IN THE ENIGMA2 SKIN SIDE OF IT IN A QUICK SECOND. ITS JUST SO DAMN PATHETIC. IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO GET AMIKO TO MAKE THEIR SPARK O/S OPENSOURCE

• Your rant is in vain, you do realise the first new Spark 2 receivers are now available and run Spark 2 in Android on Arm hardware (no more SH4). Android is rock solid stable on Arm, Android will eventually take over completely from Enigma as it's in constant development and has support and a huge mount of developers onboard. This first Spark 2 receivers won't be great, but wait till they release multi tuners and the community see Android as a better and more open option to Enigma, so many apps already available for it including XBMC.

• Your rant is in vain, you do realise the first new Spark 2 receivers are now available and run Spark 2 in Android on Arm hardware (no more SH4). Android is rock solid stable on Arm, Android will eventually take over completely from Enigma as it's in constant development and has support and a huge mount of developers onboard. This first Spark 2 receivers won't be great, but wait till they release multi tuners and the community see Android as a better and more open option to Enigma, so many apps already available for it including XBMC.

Thanks for referring to my post as a rant ! But I was being serious and no I never realised there was new Spark 2 receivers on the market. I've only been using the one I have.

The next best thing would be to buy something else! I guess as enigma2 on a Spark 1 box was never ever going to be any good.

Is it possible this is an argument for getting a refund ?? OFCOURSE NOT :16_002:
    The only reason they put this Enigma2 side with the Spark 7162 was to obviously sell there product and is misleading and fraudulent. Pretty easy to give dual boot and a small piece of memory for some enigma2 OS which is never going to run anyway.
    What a fucking joke.

Wish I had have known this receiver was an absolute waste of time when I purchased it I could have gotten a VU+solo2 for $100 more and baught a DVB-T usb stick to plug into it.

SOOOO **** RIPPED OFF BY AMIKO. MATE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM GET ENIGMA2 RUNNING ON THIS THING. PERHAPS THEY WOULD HAVE THEIR OWN ENIGMA2 IMAGE IF THEY COULD
    WHAT A CON ARTIST

PERHAPS THE BRAINIACS AT WHO PROGRAM ENIGMA2 SHOULD CREATE A :-
    ENIGMA2 MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS SPECIFICATION SO THAT IT COULD BE USED AS A REFERENCE SO THAT INNOCENT PEOPLE LIK ME DON'T GET ROBBED

and the reason I bought this pile of rubbish WAS because it had enigma2
    ALSO
    I would love to know who originally ported ENIGMA2 to the SH4 PROCESSOR BECAUSE IT WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME IN THE FIRST PLACE

Edited 3 times, last by codar: Offensive language ().

• @ highkick05
    Please refrain from using capitals as it is inferred as shouting.
    Also, offensive language is not tolerated.
    Rule 13:

Under no circumstances shall any offensive/insulting/aggressive language be tolerated between users!!!

• @ highkick05
    Please refrain from using capitals as it is inferred as shouting.
    Also, offensive language is not tolerated.
    Rule 13:

sorry my friend but just frustrated with it. seems not worth the effort. and it does take time to
    try and get this to work. maybe I will just keep contributing to martinxp's version.
    atleast he has brains , best image yet. and ther's only been 2 versions :78:

• Hi martinxp, I´m Edson, from Brazil, I use this great image.

Great job martinxp, youre the master, Thanks for your contribution . This image is very good, I liking very much. I made my contribution and I ported two skins for this image, MyMetrix and PAX skin from Gigablue, and OSD adjustment plugin, to configure size screen.

But, you have a new release, I will wait for post a link to download of my backup. And I will port this skins for a new imagem when you leave your new release.

Thanks. :14_002:

by Edson

Spark STI 7162 Images

Download Enigma2 Images and Spark Firmware for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!