cannot record 2 channels at same time.

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,778 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hello
    since flashing my vu+ duo to from vix 3.0 to open atv v3.0 i havent been able to record one channel and watch another, i can record a fta channel and watch another, but then the epg greys out.
    but if i record a paid channel if that's the correct word..e.g discovery, it records ok, but i cannot watch any other channel, the screen just goes blank.
    before i flashed it i could record anything, 2 channels at a time and watch another.

my tuners are...

TUNER: A BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (INTERNAL)(DVB-S2)
    SINGLE
    SATS ASTRA 1N/2A/2E/2F/EUTELSAT 28A (28.2E)

TUNER B: BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (INTERNAL)(DVB-S2)
    EQUAL TO TUNER A

I have tried each lnb lead separately in the back of box and they both work fine.

Hope ive entered the relevant info as im still a newbie.
    is this the image causing the problem?
    Thank you.

• If you have two separate feeds coming from the dish then change your tuner B configuration to exactly the same as the way you have tuner A setup. See what happens...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• FTPed the box and can see in ETC there is mgcamd 1.35 and mgcamd 1.38 plus the CCcam 2.0.9 i installed.
    could this be the problem?

• If you were trying to record two FTA channels at the same time then the cams installed will have nothing to do with this problem...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• All I know is everything worked great with vix until I flashed with open atv, it might be easier to re flash back to vix. Is it as easy as that??

TUNER: A BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (INTERNAL)(DVB-S2)
    SINGLE
    SATS ASTRA 1N/2A/2E/2F/EUTELSAT 28A (28.2E)

TUNER B: BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (INTERNAL)(DVB-S2)
    EQUAL TO TUNER A

try TUNER B : second cable of motorised lnb

• No its not motorised. If I plug my sly box in the tuners work fine. That's why I'm wondering if it's a setting problem??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Sorry , my mistake , I was under the impression that you were using a motor setup.
    Anyhows ,, you can either try all options and report back all your findings or just reflash with your vix backup and forget about it..

• Hi
    just set tuners manually both the same, still got the problem..i can record one premium channel but when i turn over to another it goes black..i can only record a fta channel.
    i got another message pop up which ive never seen before..
    "In order to record a timer the TV was switched to the recording service."
    what does this mean?

• Hi
    just set tuners manually both the same, still got the problem..i can record one premium channel but when i turn over to another it goes black..i can only record a fta channel.

Are you using your own local card to view or is it a share??? if it's a share the line would need to allow reshare for you to be able to record one premium channel & then view another at the same time....

fI7WHhv.png

• Just to update you all..i re flashed back to vix and all working fine again, can record 2 channels at the same time again.
    Thanks chaps for your help once again
    much appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!