Newbie Question

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 232 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi guys, I am new around here although have a basic understanding of what this forum is about. I live in Spain on Costa Blanca and currently have a subscription to that well known sat broadcaster which I get through my dish. Because of ever increasing reception issues I am looking at alternatives.

I have had a guy want to sell me a Ferguson 202 box and set up a small dish and then connect the box to my internet connection. He tells me I will be able to get 500 plus channels and all the premium stuff including sports and films. When I asked why I need a dish and internet connection he said my box would be connected to another box some where and a simnple patch applied to my own box to enable me to watch all the channels.

It is not a particularly cheap option with me having to buy the box and then pay him a yearly subscription and I sense that I might be able to set this this up myself. Would this be possible? I can get a Ferguson box a lot cheaper than he wants to charge me but guess the secret is in the patch and the internet connection to another box?

Would appreciate signposting to any idiots guide that might be available. I am keen to learn and understand and have done the Android TV boxes and IPTV experience so think I am up to the challenge but please be gentle with me guys.

Thanks in anticipation.

• hello and welcome Graham..
    First of all I imagine you are referring to UK channels?? Most of us in Spain are missing the FTA UK/ Ireland channels..
    My folks used to pay a monthly sub to one of these so called "providers"... which are known as "payservers" which we here do not condone
    A bit of reading will show you what channels are available and not through your own efforts..
    very interesting for expats .. HOW TO RECIEVE ASTRA DIGITAL TV...
    No matter if you cardshare or have your own card you will not be able to recieve these channels...patched or not...
    Andalucia channel check
    for the moment filmon and expatTV is what some of us are using on enigma2 boxes and pc....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!