SlyUK Anti-CS measures switching off HD Channels

There are 586 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 93,649 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• every one just chill.no one knows nothing yet.5 channels gone.could be anything.yes it does sound like how it went with sly IT.but all sd still work on sly IT.and I posted I link on here about it that we had to wait for enigma 3.dont know how true it is but you never know.

• From another forum:

I have checked and they are down for me is it the beginining of the end or something else?

• dark skies are coming!!! its been coming as we know but hopefully sd will be ok for a while, if not there,s plenty other cards to share,regards mdt

• every one just chill.no one knows nothing yet.5 channels gone.could be anything.yes it does sound like how it went with sly IT.but all sd still work on sly IT.and I posted I link on here about it that we had to wait for enigma 3.dont know how true it is but you never know.

Don't think enigma 3 if or when it arrives will make a difference as it's just an operating system at the end of the day it's down to what every sly are doing that's causing the issues.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

• Just put my card back into my thomson and it says wrong card for this box on those HD channels.

THat would explain why Sly have been ringing me everyday!

Feck them, Looks like ill be saving a few quid on HD subs soon! lol

• This information has just been passed on

"starting today thur 24th all hd sub channels will begin changing codec and broadcasting streams to allow for new mpeg5 epg system to be launched and added to all hd paired boxes via software upgrade....this new feature similar to that of saorview txt and features from today"

• Official Post

This information has just been passed on

"starting today thur 24th all hd sub channels will begin changing codec and broadcasting streams to allow for new mpeg5 epg system to be launched and added to all hd paired boxes via software upgrade....this new feature similar to that of saorview txt and features from today"

Where was the info posted mate?

• right I put card back in proper sly box and on them channels it says this is the wrong card for this box.so I go on live chat and say only these channels are not working after about 40 mins of we have sent a signal to your box still nothing.it can take up to 4 houres she said.rubbish I said to her when I have done It in the past its been instent.think thay don't know whats going off them selfs in the call centers

• Well everyone should call S** and tell them we have a Thomson receiver and we're not happy some channels are not working, kick up a huge fuss and then they'll have no choice to revert back or offer us all half price subs.

• right I put card back in proper sly box and on them channels it says this is the wrong card for this box.so I go on live chat and say only these channels are not working after about 40 mins of we have sent a signal to your box still nothing.it can take up to 4 houres she said.rubbish I said to her when I have done It in the past its been instent.think thay don't know whats going off them selfs in the call centers

I don't know what it is you are trying to do exactly by calling *** but you are wasting your time...thomson boxes and sd boxes cannot be upgraded to the latest firmware and because they are changing the way the viewing card is communicating with the receiver the old firmware does not and will not recognize the new pairing method.

Well everyone should call S** and tell them we have a Thomson receiver and we're not happy some channels are not working, kick up a huge fuss and then they'll have no choice to revert back or offer us all half price subs.

You have got that the wrong way round..its the client who will have no choice and either accept the free receiver updated model or cancel their subscription!

You are all putting yourself firmly on the radar anyway phoning up clutching at straws and maybe some peeps have even told the operator they dont want to upgrade from a ****ty old thomson box to a shiny new one..ahem would defo seem odd to me anyway.

Let it go gracefully..

• my old sd box works fine and the Thompson boxes dose too.if you are watching a Thompson box and not doing cs you are going to ring up to see why its not working arnt you.

• We'll be updating all compatible ***+HD boxes in batches over the next few months. So you might see the new Homepage on your TV before or after your friends. So once you check your model number, you'll be able to find when to expect your update below

***+HD Box type

Version number

When to expect your update

Amstrad DRX890

4F31

Soon: over the next few weeks

Amstrad DRX890W

4F31

Amstrad DRX895

4F31

Amstrad DRX895W

4F31

Amstrad DRX780

4F30

Over the next few months

Pace HD

9F30

Over the next few months

Samsung HD

Over the next few months

Thomson HD

4E30

Incompatible: will not be updated

Edited 2 times, last by dOOds ().

• Hi,

Does this mean *** sports and all next. What about all the ***boxes in UK as I sold some as well now will i have to refund or what. Can anyone shed some light as a bit annoyed and worried here

Just had look people still selling on eBay & amazon so if it was finished why would they be there

Any fix for this?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!