FTA European English Speaking channels

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,097 times. The last Post () by downside.

• With the end of CS for Sly UK looking ever more likely I have read a few posts on various sites that mention plenty of FTA English speaking channels on other Sats.

I have looked to see whats available and apart from BBC News or Sly News International I havent had much luck.

Thought it may be useful and helpful for myself and others to share what we find if such FTA English speaking channels exist, So if anyone has any informatrion please share!

• Most channels at least film and sport have English audio, you just need to select the right audio stream, it differs slightly depending on who's flash your using.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Basically the idea is that no matter which sat, the programme/film/doc,etc was made originally in English language(Hollywood,etc) then it will also have English audio.
    NOt necessarily subtitles but audio nonetheless.
    btw axn is not FTA but ppv..

• All I can tell you is that I'm getting it on 10920 using the latest catseye and vix - version 3 build 808. I don't have any card shares and my Softcam currently doesn't work - at least I can't watch Mezzo on 19E. I've just turned my box on and there is a film showing with ~English as the alternative to German. I tried the latest vix but it screwed up my box good and proper!!!!

I can't understand how you can get different results like this unless you are picking up the signal from a different actual satellite than where I'm getting my signal from, or there is some basic difference in our boxes and my TM-2T has somehow circumvented the ppv system.

Would someone else please try AXN Action on 19E freq 10920 and let us know what happens.

Regards

• Have you checked out the OFFICIAL ASTRA site that I linked in post #9 ????
    All versions of AXN ,,not just on ASTRA , are P.P.V .....
    I also have AXN on DTT premium not FTA....
    I have looked for "softkeys" for it and I can´t find them either....
    Mezzo is not part of a package ,it is a separate issue....

• I can't explain why I can get AXN Action. As far as I am aware I have nothing running or loaded that would open up a ppv channel. Is this a peculiarity of the TM-2T ?
    I only mentioned Mezzo because until recently it opened up and disappeared at the same time as certain 39E channels, but as you say that is another issue. For as long as it lasts I shall enjoy it.

Thanks to mckee25 for your reply.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!