root/etc folder help

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 336 times. The last Post () by ste141.

• I've got a really odd problem i've got a dm800se v2 which is suppose to have 1gb flash but windows and openatv is reporting the flash to be only 369mb! I noticed my etc folder is getting duplicated loads of times and all the duplicates come to 500mb. Is this normal? I've tried deleting the duplicates but when I restart my box they just come back and is 500mb again.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this.

Thanks,
    Ste

• Make a backup of your image using the add on and then try a different image, they could just be links to the same place but will look like separate folders, you could also try deleting them. But as I said make a backup first.

Although 1GB sounds quite large for an 800se from my limited knowledge.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• I had already tried deleted them but as metioned in my previous post when I restart they come back again. Just done a backup and still getting duplicates but only of the /etc folder very odd! Also the newer v2 dm800se does come with 1gb flash.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!