Having a satellite dish 'is a human right,' says European court

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,370 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• In Spain there is also an existing law that all buildings from 1999 built onwards must have/give accessibility to all possible intercomunications.
    Most here are "communal antennae/ dishes" pointing at the 2 main hispanicparlant satellites 19,2ºE + 30ºW as well as DTT.
    If a tenant/owner wishes to recieve another signal ,they must forward the proposal in writing to the building administration and contract a registered installer.
    After years of experience here, it makes sense not to clutter up the fasciae of buildings,,imagine for example you put up a 60cms dish whilst your neighbours install 120cms motorised dishes above ,beside and under you!!!
    Next time you look up at the ***line of the buildings ¿what are all those "aerials" ?' destroys a good photo I tell you..
    There are already enough complainants of "mobilephone" antennae on top/sides of buildings,,usually from non-mobile users!!!
    Anyway ,getting back to the point... I imagine some cable operators will be frowning at the news !!

• Caz, It does make more sense to install fewer dishes on a communal building.
    I was looking at building the other day that had a sly mini dish outside every window (must have been individual flats) which is just ridiculous.
    I dont see why a sly installer wouldn't just add a better LNB to a neighbours dish and run the cable to both flats when doing an install, surely it's a lot less work for them.

• Exactly ddaddy,,,,,,,But then,,, ¿who has the rights?? I mean to unmount it ,realign it?? and if the neighbours disagree???
    as I gave the example from over here,,surely there could be one communal dish on the rooftop to feed ,say,up to ¿30?? homes..
    just like here and share the costs of maintenance,etc...that way every room/home would have access to sat/DTT ...

• When I was in Spain Digital+ had some sort of block on the communal dishes so I couldnt receive everything on 19e but basically just what was on the Digital+ package.

Londres 1992 - París 2006 - Roma 2009 - Londres 2011

• When I was in Spain Digital+ had some sort of block on the communal dishes so I couldnt receive everything on 19e but basically just what was on the Digital+ package.

This is true in the case of the D* subventions ( they provide the dish/lnb ) (blocking certain freqs)...but this has (nearly) always been replaced (unofficially) by a "universal" LNB.. to avail of the other platforms ;)

• This is true in the case of the D* subventions ( they provide the dish/lnb ) (blocking certain freqs)...but this has (nearly) always been replaced (unofficially) by a "universal" LNB.. to avail of the other platforms ;)

Aye, I ended up hijacking some poor sods dish - replaced his single with a twin and ran my own cable.

Devious I know but no harm done - the alternative was to have a vote cast from all 48 apartments with a 2/3 maj to approve my own dish!

Londres 1992 - París 2006 - Roma 2009 - Londres 2011

• This is purely fictional ,,,please do NOT try this at home !!!!!!!

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!