Advice on motorised setup

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,152 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• I would like some advice for a motorised setup. My location is in the midlands (Staffordshire) I currently have SLY dish but would like to setup a small motorised in my back garden mounted on a pole. Wife will not let me have a large dish so I need to know what's the smallest dish that I will be any good. I don't know if it matters but I prefer mesh dishes just for the looks. I know that you will probably want to know what channels I would like to view but I can't really answer that because I have no idea what's available. So it's a case of anything that's available in English. I don't mind buying a card to view so long as it's not going to cost an arm and a leg. I have to get this past her indoors. I have 2 sat boxes xp1000 and tm Nano oe. My house location does limit have limited view so it's probably only East facing sats that I can see.

Any help / advice much appreciated.

We all have to start somewhere

• Hey mate, I would be guessing here, but I'd imagine an 80cm solid dish with an inverto black lnb would probably be suffice for your needs.
    However I am open to correction.
    Good luck with it, you wont be dissapointed.

Suttsy.

• Can I recommend Satellite Superstore. (goggle) or better still World of Satellite, they are very helpful. See if you find out your Latitude and Longitude that is helpful to tell the supplier and also assist you to aim your dish correctly.

Good lick

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Hi again,

I forgot to mention What Satellite magazine. In the section of 'all satellites and channels' it suggests the size of dish to install for North and South receiving of channels.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• you can go up to a 90cm dish without planning permission and if I remember right you can get a mesh one , and a alsat dark motor with metal gears are very good , with the mesh one I think you can paint them any colour you want to blend them in to the surroundings , hope it helps

1.2 channel master dish , inverto quad with prime focus lnb , jagger 1224 motor , vu+duo , dragon cam, diablo cam , diablo wireless cam , cas 3 ,

• Thanks guys I like the idea of painting dish to blend in, it will keep her off my back. I will get a copy of what satellite and have a read up. I want as small a dish as I can get away with but don't want to cut my nose off if you know what I mean.

We all have to start somewhere

• you can go up to a 90cm dish without planning permission and if I remember right you can get a mesh one , and a alsat dark motor with metal gears are very good , with the mesh one I think you can paint them any colour you want to blend them in to the surroundings , hope it helps

Hi.
    I think it's a 1m dish, or I hope it is as that's what I have as well as a mini dish!

Take a look http://www.planningportal.gov.…n/commonprojects/antenna/

Steve.

• A triax 88cm with a technomate 2600 motor sould bring in ample satellites.
    Various colours to chose from but a solid dish though.
    A gibertini dish is of the highest quality but more expensive.
    Inverto black for the lnb.

• I found out the hard way. Where I live, Essex, I had to get planning permission to erect my 1.2 CM, (I am on the edge of a 'Conservation Area') and then found out I could have erected a 1meter dish. The max for me is 1.5meters. I did put in for a 1.5 in the first instance, but can only pick up satellites from 30* East up to 40*West, so found that 1.2 is sufficient, (love to buy that 1.8). With my dish sitting at xxxxx x 0.xxxx I have an uninterrupted view of 0.8W. Be aware of what you paint your dish with, Non Metalic! Dish Pointer is the way to go and Satfinder is very useful.

Edited once, last by cazuela: editted lat + long ().

• you need to set thor on 0 then usals will do the rest m8 simple

Thats not quite correct the '0' position on a motor scale does not equate to a satellite position its your true south position only. 0.8° west Thor satellite would be 1 west of your current location after you factor in your co-ordinates

If using USALS you can set up on any satellite position you choose

• im using a 90cm at the moment with a technomate 2600 motor here in n.ireland,,,,,
    once you get your bracket plumbed up,,and the motor and dish angles set it should be pretty straight forward using usals and any sat of your choice..with some minor tweaking to get the best signal strength.

• Official Post

Whilst i fully appreciate the bigger dish you have the more channels you can get i was surprised with what i ended up with on my 60cm motorised mesh dish.
    I get good enough signal on 42, 39, 33, 28.2, 23.5, 19, 16, 13, 10(some of), 9, 7, some of 4.8 , EAST and 0.8 , 5, 15, 30 WEST im in Essex....
    Got the bits off ebay for about 70 squid delivered and painted it all house brick red so it blends in. That way she dosnt moan i have 16 sats to play with....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!