Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,930 times. The last Post () by yemyem71.

• Can anyone advise me if the Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super is a good purchase. I don't need lots of features, even the twin tuner is a luxury, but I was attracted by the fast 1.3 Ghz CPU.

My old TM-600 is very slow on boot-up so I guess there would be a noticeable difference. But how important for CS is the processor speed? Should gittering and freezing be reduced?

Any experience of this STB would be most welcome.

• Got me looking at the VU+ plus range now phoenix. Nice looking boxes. They're a bit more expensive than the TM's - do you reckon they're better? Bearing in mind I'm not bothered about twin tuners, the new Solo SE looks tempting.

• Thats a hard one to say to be honest, I know a lot of people will instantly say that Vu+ have better support but thats a fantasy populated by those who dont know any better, in my opinion. I will say this I have several receivers from Vu+, Xtrend, Technomate and Gigablue, every one has it's issues but overall they all do the same thing, that said the Technomate receivers can be hit and miss with their driver development and when things do go wrong they are very slow to put them rite.

The solo SE is at this moment in time a unknown quantity but if it is any thing like other Vu+ receivers you will be happy with one of them, and it does look like it will fill your requirements.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Official Post

The CPU speed does not make much difference with regards to connecting to the device with your card.

Transcoding does not work yet on the TM N2S. Internal loop through only works from B to A, like Solo 2. They've not had major issues with the drivers like they did/do with the 7335 range. Oh, card sticks out a bit too much for my liking.

• If you're looking at the VU range then try stretch to a Solo2 if you want to start seeing the best of them. The SE seems to be over priced in no mans land and has it's shortcomings.

The Nano 2 Super is a decent enough receiver and very fast. Twin tuners, internal HDD and under £200 it's an attractive proposition for many. It's in some way compared to the Solo2. It's got no VFD but then nor has the SE. Certainly the TM gives far more bang for your buck over the SE if that's how you want to go right now.

If you're not fussed and in no hurry, then would perhaps hang on until later this year.

Edited 5 times, last by ekkostar ().

• On balance I'm leaning towards the TM. I've never had any problems with my 600, and as ekkostar says more "bang for buck".
    One other small niggle for me with the VU+'s since I'm in Spain; they all use external 12v power supply, so simply cutting the plug off is not an option. Messy adaptors probably required :(

• If your in Spain no adaptor's will be required buddy, the Vu range come with a euro spec plug on them, whether it be from the box itself or the power pack.... it's only when they are in the Uk the supplier will throw in a 3 pin adaptor......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• If you're in Spain then a locally sourced VU machine will come with a standard adaptor and an EU figure 8 mains cable. This would plug into the adaptor anyway.

If you were considering a Solo SE at £189 I guess you've worked out it really is a bit too expensive for what it is. Quite a few people have raised eyebrows at that price right now.

Technomate do make some good machines but they have on occasion had the chequered history of throwing in the odd lemon. The £199 Nano 2 Super is however a pretty decent machine. To be quite honest if Technomate can get that price down by another £10-£20 it could quite possibly commercially wipeout the VU Solo SE in that particular sector.

If you have had good experience of Technomates in the past and you like the support and images the Nano 2 Super offers than at £199 it is a well specced receiver. For £10 more than the SoloSE you bag 1.3GhzCPU, twin tuners, internal HDD, sensitive tuners etc etc

Edited 11 times, last by ekkostar ().

• hi i am thinking of buying the tm nano 2 super from here...... so first i am trying to find what is the control centre ftp program to use for this box and also the best image for me to use on this box vix or open atv and also is there some kind of tutorial i could use to help me learn to use these tools.

thanks in advance BJ1

• Official Post

Following programs should be all you need

Any FTP program..............e.g Filezilla
    A linux compatible editor....e.g Notepad++
    Any telnet program...........e.g Putty
    Any channel editor............e.g Dreamboxedit/Dreamset.

You are limited to Openvix/OpenATV/4D's Pli based images. Openvix will not include the applications for which TM do not have licences. Most E2 images work the same anyway. Best to try them and use the one you like most.

• The £199 Nano 2 Super is however a pretty decent machine. To be quite honest if Technomate can get that price down by another £10-£20 it could quite possibly commercially wipeout the VU Solo SE in that particular sector.

Lo and behold....the price appears to be now down to £179

• I got a tm nano 2 super myself as a box for the spare room, having a solo2 as my main box in the living room. Now some people may not agree with me or I may in fact be getting something wrong but with both boxes set up the same on the same tv with connecting leads, fresh image ect. I notice a difference in picture between the two boxes on sd channels with the solo2 being the better of the two. Also tried on another tv as well. So I'd hold out for the solo2 if I was the op

• hi
    can anyone please help me on how to set this Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super Linux Twin Tuner HD Satellite Receiver .
    am planning to buy it but doesn't know where and how to get all the required plug in and third parties things like that. please reply

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!