Router problem?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 687 times. The last Post () by scouse645.

• Hi, as i was going away for a few days i set my boxes to record some progs, i got home today and noticed last nights recordings didn't record, checked my boxes and they showed no connection to the router, the router is a linksys x1000, it was fine the first two nights as recordings were ok, this is the second time this has happened, any ideas were i'm going wrong?

• im not trying to be smart or nasty saying this but that router isnt up to much tbh, the problem is the router gets clogged over time causing the crashes.
    I had the same problem with a tp link wdr3600 it would run fine for a few days but then would loss internet, the lan end was fine, after further investigation i discovered my router was only rated for up to 8 machines
    that sounds a lot but when you count up everything thats connecting in your house and throw in downloads and streaming you can see why they lie down.
    The solution was to build my own router using ipcop, you just need an old pc and an extra ethernet card and a switch, i use a 8 port giga one, you can then connect your router to all that as an access point.
    I can post pictures of my frankenrouter setup if you want and offer some of my limited knowledge in setting it up

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!