How does cccam choose which line to use? Lowest hop or ecm or just order in config?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,118 times. The last Post () by zweistein68.

• Ok so i am now getting quite a few friends on here and got some good shares now , however how can you decide what order to put them in or will cccam (using 2.1.3) just pick the best one? I understand that you can block CAID's from each but that must take ages to sort if you have say 10 sares with lots of reshares???? , i would assume you put hop1's higher then lines with more hop2's lower but surely hop2 is better if the ecm is lower? Is there an idiots guide to my answer?

• The answer is easy and you´ve already written it: CCcam knows the who,when,where to look and find,,
    one exception comes to mind :if you request a certain channel and although it goes green(decoded) but the screen remains black ,then filter that particular sid( channel) from that particular peer in their Cline...
    two possible reasons for this : peer hasn´t got this channel subscribed and hasn´t bothered to sid assign or reject in his config or
    the peer hasn´t got the card updated..
    I´m sure there are other possibilities,,but that´s the essence/beauty of it that comes to mind for now..
    caz

• Don't agree with cazuela completely.
    CCcam will always go for the fastest answer from the available shares.
    This is due to the network protocol used being UDP.
    Your own CCcam.cfg decides then whether to use this or not(sid assign).
    CCcam will sent a request to ALL available shares
    and will receive their answers in a first comes first goes manner.
    This is why one sees all these out of sequence messages in the log.
    Hope this will give you some better understanding of how CCcam does the job.
    RelookPVR

CCcam will sent a request to ALL available shares
    and will receive their answers in a first comes first goes manner.

really? I have such a situation which does not seem to reflect this statement: two locations (lets say A and B), two servers (both running on a Freetz router), as well as on location A there is a second server (receiver) running the cards, two cards on location A and B with different subscriptions but also common subscribed channels - when viewing such a common subscribed channel on location A cccam decides to use the card in location B instead of the second server at location A although between A and B there is a slower connection as using the local network in location A. Is there any option in cccam which defines a higher priority of a c-line compared to the others?

thanks
    Zweistein

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!