MX box. Help? No idea

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,039 times. The last Post () by zenithtime.

• Hi guys. One of my friends has asked me to look at his MX box (little black streaming box)
    Never seen one before but he said it's good for streaming etc.

Anyway. Long story short. He said he tried to update the firmware and made a hash of it. Says the streams don't work.

I said I will have a look, he knows I love to mess with things. But the thing has got me lost......

Is there any firmware a that are already complete and set up??

Or a pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone

• Have a look here (for MX2):

Firmware only though.

Also, an old e-mail I had on setting up the repos:

Was dealing with xbmc gotham then though.

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• did you get sorted with this i do alot with mx boxes and have complete xbmc settings if you like let me know il rar it up for you

I´m sure the communioty would be very glad and appreciate your work so if you have anything to contribute it would always be welcome buddy..

• Hi guys, if its the original MX box which were originally Matricom boxes but were returned and refurbished and sold from China then from what Ive seen theres no way to flash these ones as no firmware exists, only Matricom firmware which is seemingly not compatible with the old refurbished box... If somebody can prove this to be untrue then happy days, it will mean I can flash my old MX...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!