TSmedia 7.9.8 full - whats new?

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,884 times. The last Post () by gemini man.

• hi there,

can some one tell me whats new on this last version, TSmedia 7.9.8 full and did it solve some links and whats links that went offline?

any one who install do you see the diference?

• Official Post

After TSMedia 7.5 it has been MUCH problems with this plugin !!! I used to store some favorite channels but when the author take away the PalcoTV addons and some links don't work i be tired to store any favorite channels at all. I don't know what the problem is but it looks like any sort of problem they can't solve. because after version 7.5 it has come new one after new one and all of it has problems and bugs and so on. I can't understand why the author team don't solve the problems before release of more problemversions. :71:

Why,?? because there are a lot more problems then what you can see. Statements like "it dont work" is no help at all. Post an error log for debugging.
    I think you forget this plugin is free, made in the authors free time for all our enjoyment.

I for one am very grateful.

• I think it must be some lamer behind the keybord making troble here ! A real coder solve problems NOT adding more problems to the plugin !!!!:71::hell_boy:
    Version after version the coder make same misstake and the old problems is still there, incredible guy !

Ok, so when do we get to see your version of this type of plugin?????

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• maybe the problema here is just a lack of information.
    This time this last version is post it but there is no info, maybe we need info like what this version can fix and what is to be tested by us users so wse can to send some feedback.

i see that some people dont update because they may loose some working links.

i still stink we need some info file everytime there is a new version

is this possible, that may help some of the members that use TSmultimedia

:14_002:

• TSmedia is large project and it is enigma2 client for addons coded by xbmc style.
    xbmc style is characterized over classical pure enigma2 style
    1- Faster coding(mean i can write addon within hour while may take one week in classical pure enigmas style)
    2-Easily debug the code for errors or change in websites scripts,because we can run the code in pc windows or linux while the pure enigma2 style you need to debug the code in box with need for restarting enigm2 everytime you change one line.
    3-To understand that new versions of TSmedia not to fix not working addons like filmon or icefilm,but to improve the code and to add new functions to TSmedia as example in latest version of TSmedia 7.98 aspect ratio control added to the player also support for subtitles
    4-Now in TSmedia shortcuts for updated or new addons appear in the desktops of the plugin mean if there is new addon as example vstream will appear as icon in internation/France just click it to install and to run it also this apply for updated addons,so do not expect with new versions non working addons are fixed,fixed and updated addons will reach your box without upgrading to new version and anything new will appear in your plugin
    5-I have more than 300 addons and in fact i am not a team and i am alone to maintain these addons taking into consideration i have social live and long work job time and doing this in few extra hours
    6- Some tasks like resolving movies hosts(example nowvideo,divxstage,putlocker...) are done by group of expert peoples but some hosts protect their direct stream links hardly so not easy to extract the links also some use capatacha which difficult to overcome by enigma2
    7-many addons are slow because they are designed to run in other xbmc devices(pc and mobiles) but i rewrote some to run faster with enigma like 1channel,movie25
    8- I know with each new release there is some mistakes but depends on feedback of users for these bugs because difficult to for me to test all aspects of the plugin and the more three hundard addons so i depend on users feedback and because this TSmedia has frequent updates
    also in this occasion i thank this forum and staff and members for the unique positive support for the plugin
    9-The project is free and doing it as hoppy and i am trying doing my best .
    10-as i said in other forum frequently discussed plugin means it is success because the bad plugin the users leave it and nobody mention it
    11- I read all problems and i fix what i can
    12-As i said TSmedia includes more than 300 addons if you find your addon is not working that does not mean TSmedia is bad and has alot of mistakes but there are many working addons may be you not care about them but others care
    13- many attack TSmedia but no body argue about the fact that TSmedia with xbmcaddons and mediaportal are the most popular plugins used for streaming.

Do Not Send PM For Support
    Ask Your Question On The Forum

Edited 3 times, last by mfaraj57 ().

• I think TS media is a brilliant plugin and the guy that spends his own time on this for our benefit should be praised and thanked for his efforts, as indeed should all the people who contribute to the Enigma experience. We should not take these things for granted but be grateful to the ones who are able to conceive and produce them and not complain when things do not always work. They are free to us users.

best wishes to all these people

• Continue..
    TSmedia is container for xbmc addons and it is like windows xbmc and if you go to the xbmc support forum you find many complaints about non working addons,this is due to the the dynamic nature of xbmc addons and this apply to TSmedia addons but with enigma2 we have more problems beyond the ability and control of TSmedia,these issue like enigma2 gstreamer deficiency to manage streams,lack or impaired streams decoders and the limitation of processing speed of enigma2 boxes
    Also if one addon is not working or one movie host is not working we have many alternatives to use,we have at least 20 movies addons why when movies25 is not working start to complain about mistakes and others,try other movies addons and for that i put many movies addons,Also many movies websites and hosts are blocked in your country and i make adding proxy is very easy to overcome this problem
    some problems are general and not peculiar to TSmedia like filmon and youtube vevo and when fix available i will apply immediately

Do Not Send PM For Support
    Ask Your Question On The Forum

Edited once, last by mfaraj57 ().

• Why,?? because there are a lot more problems then what you can see. Statements like "it dont work" is no help at all. Post an error log for debugging.
    I think you forget this plugin is free, made in the authors free time for all our enjoyment.

I for one am very grateful.

There was not much more I could say about Filmon than "it don't work" there was no error log, I got no error, it just don't work. I click on the add-on and it loads the addon then i get to see the channel information but click on any channel and you get the working logo but when that stops it just give the message again to click on the channel again. No channel will play. That was the way when I upgraded to 7.9.6 so I upgraded again to 7.9.8 and it still didn't work. So I rolled back to 7.9.1 and it works again. Rather than posting short provocative statements like "it don't work is no help at all" if you was a bit friendlier in your communication you may encourage more information coming forward. Just a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Continue..
    TSmedia is container for xbmc addons and it is like windows xbmc and if you go to the xbmc support forum you find many complaints about non working addons,this is due to the the dynamic nature of xbmc addons and this apply to TSmedia addons but with enigma2 we have more problems beyond the ability and control of TSmedia,these issue like enigma2 gstreamer deficiency to manage streams,lack or impaired streams decoders and the limitation of processing speed of enigma2 boxes
    Also if one addon is not working or one movie host is not working we have many alternatives to use,we have at least 20 movies addons why when movies25 is not working start to complain about mistakes and others,try other movies addons and for that i put many movies addons,Also many movies websites and hosts are blocked in your country and i make adding proxy is very easy to overcome this problem
    some problems are general and not peculiar to TSmedia like filmon and youtube vevo and when fix available i will apply immediately

I understand the frustrations of devolping something like this and providing for free only to read negative remarks. I developed a project myself which I was proud of and only heard the remarks relating to things that did not work how the user wanted, often the fault of the user. Having read your post I am more aware of what TS media is about and will certainly remember what you have said when posting or replying to posts in future. I am new to this forum having only recently bought a box primarily for satellite feeds but TS media was a factor in the box I bought as I wanted UK freeview tv in Spain. I realise that most who use tsmedia are more interested in movie addons of which there are numerous and as you say if one don't work try another. What you want is probably there it is just a matter of finding what works best for you. With regard freeview tv addons I am struggling to find what I want. I saw FTV available but clicking it launched nothing. FTV is the best tv add-on on XBMC and I was hoping it would work. The only uk tv add-on that did work was Filmon but then stopped after the last two updates so I have gone back to 7.91 for a working tv add-on. Filmon has an issue for me if I try to view at high res it cuts out after a few minutes. It works in medium res which is what I expected as I only have a free account, but others in this forum suggest it does work on high with free account? Maybe I need to change something in my settings but I have tried everything I currently know. Anyway keep up the good work TS media is a brilliant concept.

Edited 2 times, last by chrissxuk ().

• it should be mentioned also that plugins can and do function differently in different boxes and with different images , this is the case with tsmedia . i know i read that people have problems when using a certain image for example blackhole while others with another image for example vix dont have this problem . so an answer / sollution to certain problems could be in try a different image (there may be posts here about peoples experienced with different images) , take a backup first before changing images , then you can revert back to your old image if you wish . this is not a criticism of tsmedia or of any post now i am just trying to say that some times a problem with a plugin is related to the image and box .

as an example i find that on blackhole on my vu + solo that on the whole filmon works fine , where as rarely does FTV work , but then people with a different box / image could have both plugins working . also as mfaraj says things can change that are beyond his control and beyond the plugins control , such as links may stop working etc .

but its a good thing i feel to have people posting about any issues that might have arisen , as all this info often helps mfaraj to find and fix these problems , and that benifits everyone who uses this excellent plugin . yes i can understand that some times your favourite tsmedia plugin may have a problem and i know that can be a bit frustrating , for example i currently dont have 1 channel working on tsmedia 7.98 , but im sure that will be fixed soon . as mfaraj says tho we have alternatives like movie 25 while we wait for a fix .

• i think the problem at the moment is not the ts media as i running it does not work in my house works fine in m8s it is bt blocking is a problem at moment as i have tested it with bt does not work a same box with t**k t**k works ok

• it should be mentioned also that plugins can and do function differently in different boxes and with different images , this is the case with tsmedia . i know i read that people have problems when using a certain image for example blackhole while others with another image for example vix dont have this problem . so an answer / sollution to certain problems could be in try a different image (there may be posts here about peoples experienced with different images) , take a backup first before changing images , then you can revert back to your old image if you wish . this is not a criticism of tsmedia or of any post now i am just trying to say that some times a problem with a plugin is related to the image and box .

as an example i find that on blackhole on my vu + solo that on the whole filmon works fine , where as rarely does FTV work , but then people with a different box / image could have both plugins working . also as mfaraj says things can change that are beyond his control and beyond the plugins control , such as links may stop working etc .

but its a good thing i feel to have people posting about any issues that might have arisen , as all this info often helps mfaraj to find and fix these problems , and that benifits everyone who uses this excellent plugin . yes i can understand that some times your favourite tsmedia plugin may have a problem and i know that can be a bit frustrating , for example i currently dont have 1 channel working on tsmedia 7.98 , but im sure that will be fixed soon . as mfaraj says tho we have alternatives like movie 25 while we wait for a fix .

Thanks some good points there. I will explore some other images and check out the posts to see what others think is best image for tsmedia on cloud ibox2. I was recommended vix so that's what I use but no idea really if the guy who recommended had tried anything else tbh. Can I ask though does Filmon still work for you since you went to 7.98? As I said previously my Filmon works on 7.91 it only stopped when I updated and works again since I rolled back. As for the channel changing it only does that if I change the default res to high, stick with medium and no problem.

• yes filmon works for me on tsmedia 7.98 mate , im using blackhole 2.1.0.1 on a vu+solo . im not using a cloud box like you , while a cloud is a clone solo its a non ferrari clone , so in that sense the boxes are different . and so because of that the may function differently tsmedia wise .

if you change images before you do so please ensure the image/s you wish to try are safe for your box , that is safe and clone safe , or you could end up with a door stop . im sure you will find suitable images here on this forum , but if you are not sure if an image is safe to use check with an experienced member first .

- - - Updated - - -

hi chris here is a thread that might interest you
    http://linuxsat-support.com/sh…68727&p=239226#post239226

i have tested the plugin in the thread working along side tsmedia and it works great (best of both worlds ) , filmon has high and low res working well .

• tks for the auther mfaraj57, i do really love TSmultimedia.

if its not eaes to info whats new with new version i understand it.

once again keep up the good job and we may lost some links but have new ones too.

so in general we allways have something working.

tks again and keep up the good job

- - - Updated - - -

i just install this lattest version.

like i said some links work others dont

i can make a list of working and not working links

i ill post here later

- - - Updated - - -

fantastic job and i really have to say that you did help in some particular cases.

your response in very positive and fast too.

so in my name i do say tks for all this good things and its my only program in my dvb.

-i was just wasking about the new version to see it before instalation and not make this a bad thing of all.

i do have to say that i did found so answers to me questions during installation this is so info about it.

tks and keep up the good job

• Thank you for your post it is most helpful. One thing you say puzzles me a little though? When I bought my box I was looking for an inexpensive box primarily to get sly satellite but with the possibility of some IPTV like filmon. Cloud ibox2 appeared to top the poll from other users but all the warnings were to make sure it is not a clone, as you will have issues with certain images if it is. I took all precautions following advice by checking the board to establish it is not a clone therefore all images should be safe. Now you say icloud is a clone anayway so all I was doing was making sure it was not a clone of a clone then? And all images are not safe even though it is not a clone of a clone? Sorry but a little confused now.

• hi well any box claiming to be a vu+ solo (or duo ) other than the actual vu + solo/duo are clones . original vu boxes will set you back atleast about £200 for a solo , so if you bought a box purporting to be a solo or duo for considerably lower than that they wont be genuine .

that said in most cases their is little difference between a clone box and a genuine box in the sense of how well they perform , ive got a solo clone and i cant fault it , but it is what i call a proper clone in that it looks exactly like a genuine box , you could look all day and find it hard to spot a difference .

but my point was simply that your box is i believe non ferrari chipped , my box is ferrari , so we could both have solo clones and both have the same image but both boxes (atleast plugin wise ) could perform differently , as appears to be the case . but if memory serves mfaraj said he tests tsmedia on a cloud box so if you can provide him crash logs he may be able to spot the problem . i know you say you cant find a log , i had the same problem , but i then realised i had a hard disk drive attached and i checked in there and sure enough the crash logs were stored in there . you should check with mfaraj just to clarify where the log is stored in the box by default if you have no usb or hdd attached , maybe it doesnt save a log if there is no storage device , or it may store the log in the /tmp folder for a limited time when the box then removes it . but mfaraj could confirm that for you im sure , then if you had the log the error your having might be spotted and fixed .

• Thanks although I still don't understand , sorry. How does my box claim to be a vu+ solo or duo? It only claims to be a cloud ibox2. Why do you say it claims to be something else? As for crash logs, nothing crashes, I get no errors. The only problems I get with FTV is if I click the icon nothing whatsoever happens. As for Filmon very much the same although it launches it add-on but when I click the channel it says please wait then nothing, no error, just returns to the message click to list channel. Rolling back to earlier version of TS media Filmon works fine unless you change from default medium setting to high, then it cuts out after about 5 minutes and changes channel. This is a common fault as I have researched it but never actually found a solution. I will look for logs but if I don't get errors will I find them and where?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the error log I got when trying to run FTV ...

TSxpath:adding TSmedia directories to system path......
    TSxpath:Finished adding TSmedia directories to system path......
    TSxpath:executing addon default......
    sys.argv-xpath ['/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/TSmedia/addons/nettv/plugin.video.F.T.V/default.py', '1', '']
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/TSmedia/addons/nettv/plugin.video.F.T.V/TSxpath.py", line 36, in <module>
    import default
    ImportError: No module named default
    Execution finished!!

• Official Post

Thanks although I still don't understand , sorry. How does my box claim to be a vu+ solo or duo? It only claims to be a cloud ibox2. Why do you say it claims to be something else?

Your cloud ibox2 is a clone of a maxdigital xp1000. Or if its a cloud ibox 2 plus, its a clone of a xpeed lx2 / Miracle box.
    Either way its a clone of some sort and as such will run patched firmware of some sort.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!