setup question

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,461 times. The last Post () by codar.

• right, I've got all gear and going to put it up tomorrow weather permitting, I've done some reading about how it goes up, I've put my long and lat into my receiver, I've got catseye channel lists loaded, i,m going to attach my mount level on the wall and south facing, I've got my motor set to the correct angle according to dish pointer, I've attached the dish bracket central to the motor arm and i am going to point it south when attached to the bracket, sat finder at the ready to fine tune sat 1w, what i,m slightly confused about is how do i send my dish to 1w to find the sat through my box and pick up a fta channel, i,m presuming i cannot download a epg for 1w until it picks up the sat?
    thanks
    kev

• The epg info will come off the satellite excuse any grammar errors im on my phone but , you got the right idea what i did as my sat is 28e was once all set up i drove the motor to 28e on a 2 foot lead in my living room and made sure the protractor at the bottom was abouts 28 degrees then mounted the dish to the motor stem using the casting mark to the middle of the v it sits in then moved the motor and dish together on the bracket till it was spot on to 28e using enigma satellite meter for android on my phone via wifi as the reponse is almost instant off it and drove it to other satellites via the app and fine tuned it

• Right, I've already done that so basically I've to make sure my dish is put up level and the right elevation angle which I should have as I've got it off dish pointer

Your bracket needs to be plumb front and side with a spirit level , the dish will never be square as it tilts following the arc it always looks half pissed

• Yes ,just nip the bolts holding it to the bracket so when you have driven it to a satellite you can move it via the motor body to fine tune it , this is why i used 28e because i took a look at where it pointed to before swapping over dishes ,dish pointer will do the same though ,you will see once you get going its quite easy , very fine movements though when trying to find the satellite its easy missed

- - - Updated - - -

There was a list of strong transponders on the site if you search , this will help you find weaker satellites this may have changed though it was a while ago that i did mine

• Ok the most important thing to remember when you are setting up the dish mount is that it's plumb....... the use of a inclinometer is a must if you want to make the job very easy.

When you have your dish aligned to 1w and your getting a good signal on the sat meter then go inside to the box and goto the 1w channel list.... pick a fta channel. If the dish is aligned correctly then you will be able to view that channel no probs. You don't need to send the dish to 1w as it's the sat your setting your dish up on.... and yes you will need to be on 1w to be able to download epg data for it.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I'm confused now, what I was going to do was set my dish/motor to south, then go to a channel on 28e then fine tune it on that sat then the others sats should fall in using usals?
    How could I send the dish to a fta channel on 1w if there's no channels showing for that sat? Do I look on dish pointer to see were 1w is?

• If you have installed a full motor channel list then you will have a list for 1w........ remember to change your tuner config for the setup you have (usals) or will have when you have the dish setup. Your better to align the dish on 1w so that when the motor starts to turn it follows the arc correctly...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• install catseye motor 75e-61w
    make sure the dish bracket is lined up with the centre of motor arm, usually there is a joint line in the weld or manufacture process to help you centre it, fix it up then go to 1w in chanel list or whatever sat you want and it should be quite acurate, then after you can tweak the bracket or elevation to suit. also make sure you dont scew the lnb, have it straight on the arm the rotation of the dish takes care of scew,
    hope this helps, just go for it tomorrow and i am sure you will get on ok

• I've set my epg to download uk and Norway, my thing I carnt get my head round is, I thought I'd set my dish to south at the correct arc then select a channel on 1w then the dish would go to this sat, I would then fine tune to this sat and all the other sats would drop in?
    How do I know we're to point my dish to get 1w?

- - - Updated - - -

I've downloaded epg for 1w but no channels show up, when my dish is up and I select 1w do I download again and the channels will come in as long as the dish is aligned

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!