setup question

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,462 times. The last Post () by codar.

• I've set my epg to download uk and Norway, my thing I carnt get my head round is, I thought I'd set my dish to south at the correct arc then select a channel on 1w then the dish would go to this sat, I would then fine tune to this sat and all the other sats would drop in?
    How do I know we're to point my dish to get 1w?

If you are behind the dish then 0.8w is slighlty facing rightside of south..
    you also have to consider the difference of magnetic north to true north is a difference of 2.8 something degrees..
    to set mine up I set motor to 0º with dish aligned to this then slightly move motor and dish as one piece until get strongest signal which is ever so slight...
    in fact you cant even see the difference from 0º..
    If no channels are showing ,as lacierva suggested ,install a ready made settings list..
    try this IPK... restart box after installing

• I,m just going for it tomoz, what's worse that can happen, we have no tv and I have to listen to our lass complaining that we have no tv until I've drunk enough jack Daniels to blank her out or go into an alcohol induced coma

- - - Updated - - -

I,m sure it will all come together when the dish is up on the wall, I hope

• after 6 hrs and packing it in on saturday getting the dish up but not getting any sats part from 28e I've had another go today, around 3hrs and after finally getting my head round it, its all good getting all the sats with really good signals, i,m well chuffed with myself, thanks for all your help on here its appreciated, I've already got a share and ordered a card today, fingers crossed it comes on christmas eve

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!