Cant seem to catch astra 28.2°

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,467 times. The last Post () by monkified.

• I am having a problem finding astra 28.2° I can catch astra 19.2°E no problem and my fast sat finder program seems to be going crazy, when I lock on astra 19.2°E it also gives me a signal for astra 28.2° what could be the problem ?

• DVBdream trough ***star s2 card & a 1m aluminium dish. Not sure what LNB I have was a cheap LNB seller told me it was good for astra and hotbird. I get hotbird and astra 19.2°E no problem.

• Astra 2 @28.2e is very low on the horizon ! Move dish inclination down when adjusting left from Astra1 ! i am always surprised how low it is .

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Im from Malta if that makes any sense about the horizon. Fastsatfinder is saying 46.8 elevation from my co ordinates. Where as astra 1 it is around 48 - 49 elevation.

• Some beams from Astra2 will need a big dish in Malta _

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• So my 1M is not going to cut it i guess ? I seem to be getting a signal from astra 2 but when I scan transponders I get nothing. Signal level stays at 55 and I can't seem to get my sat finder volume lower than half.

• You have no chance what so ever at getting Astra 2 in Malta on a 1m dish. You will need a bigger dish to get any hope of getting a stable picture.

From the reports i can find you are looking at 1.5m to 1.8m minimum and then its going to depend on weather conditions and how strong the beam is in your location. You will also only get the European beams which contains mostly encrypted content, its highly doubtful you will get the free to air stuff on the UK spot beam.

Nano

• Wont CCCAM help me with the encrypted content ?

Yes of course CCCAM will help ! You got that bit ¬ Now do us proud and set up your 2m dish and add some photos to show us ! :thumb:

• Haha thanks for your help guys !

- - - Updated - - -

Well I gave it a shot it seems that I am never going to manage to get astra 2 from my location not even with a 2m dish :(

• Look at astra webpage you can see the footprints

http://www.ses.com/fleet-coverage

Looks like you can just catch 2C with 60cm6b3e01e790.png

Ahhh my mistake _ They broadcast nothing at astra 2c ???? maybe its for back up _

2A is worth a go with 1mdish and certain with 2m ¬
    Good info if you set up and post results.
    31e1cea18f64b1cc2bc9d7.png

:rikjaard2:

Edited once, last by rikjaard-real ().

• From Malta, this is what you should be able to get at this moment, taking int oaccount that there are still new sats to be launched and then beams to be varied..
    it claims 21 channels, which I doubt,,,, check it HERE

____----- have just tried it out myself for my location in spain and it condradicts what I should be able to recieve and what I really can recieve... so much for that idea...

• 2A carries pretty much the whole uk ssports package looking at Kingofsat info ¬ Nice :thumb:

If it were me i'd have that 2m up and running in time LOL:tinfoil:

Get the 2METER out !!!

- - - Updated - - -

You were very fast at trying a 2m dish the bigger the dish the more accurate you need to be , fine movements are required

Stevejo is right _ if even so much fart when setting up the 1.8 you notice it _ Two turns on the spanner and you'll get sweet FA:bong:

• Well I tried setting prog dvb to astra 28.2 and many channels are showing a quality level of 75% + but i should be aligned to 19.2 thats strange is this a false reading ? I can't seem to see the channels either my c Line is crap or im doing something wrong. I set the satellite 19.2 and used that as my guide, i moved it slightly left and slightly down until i got a signal. The problem is when I reach the best signal possible on my sat finder I can't seem to get the sound any lower than on the half way mark...

• Il try at it again tomorrow and keep you guys updated. Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I gave it a shot again today. Managed to hook onto 26.0 got the signal up on that and slightly moved it to the left until I found another signal. Max I can get it at is 76 but still cant connect to any channels on astra 2 :/

- - - Updated - - -

Update 2: I even managed to lock on 26.0 on my small sat too...

- - - Updated - - -

Could it be my LNB ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Opticu…Parabole-3D-/161273721118

this is thew one i have

• . Max I can get it at is 76 but still cant connect to any channels on astra 2 :/

Did you try and skew your lnb when you find 76% ? That measurement can be critical _

02fcba22d4edcfe5eea8beaa.png

• Ive managed !!! Finally and even on my 1m dish the big dish is too much of a pain to align. Im getting 90 level and 70 quality on many channels. Now my problem is I can't find a good cline many of the channels do not open.

Thanks to much for your help guys.

Can anyone suggest a good c line seller?

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!