I would like sum advice on my current situation

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,722 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi All

I would like sum advice on my current situation! My *** hd box is broken!i been informed by sly that i would have to buy a new one, i had it 18 month's i would like to buy the VU+ but i'm not sure if i can just put my sly card in and it will all
    work ok?

1. Would the card need to be put back in a *** box for it to update? (Which i will not have if i buy the VU+)

2. Is the VU+ as good as a *** HD Box.

I just don't want to buy a *** box if i don't need to

Thank for your time

Regards to all

Erazer

• Official Post

1. Would the card need to be put back in a *** box for it to update? (Which i will not have if i buy the VU+)

No, oscam or CCcam will update your card without the need for the sly box.

2. Is the VU+ as good as a *** HD Box.

Its better in every single way, just look through the VU+ addons, Tutorials and Enigma2 plugins section to see what this box can do.

• Definately go for the VU+ box,you won't regret it,far superior to the SLY hd. A option you have with regards to updating your sly card is to buy a cheap working second hand sly hd box from a well known on line auction site,then pair your card to it,that way you can keep your card updated.You could aslo remove the internal hdd from your broken sly box and fit it to the vu+ Once you have the VU+ you will realise how good these boxes are,our sponsor is a good place to purchase one of these if you decide to go ahead with it.

cheers

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• if it was me i would ask sly to give me a free box if they refuse i would ask them where i would buy a dreambox that would be an interesting answer

• Hi all

woud like to say what a fab forum :)

I now have V+Duo and its without dout one of the best box's around the only issue i have is the Mrs she like's the slyhd box coz it easy to find the channels lol

I have read lots of info on the forum but im unable to fix my problem, i am currently only useing it for sly at the moment may move onto other sat soon but without
    getting the channles in some sort of order that a woman can understand it will be painfull for me so i'm
    useing blackhole 1.6_*** ready + UK Bouquets v3.6.1 2nd October 2010 + cooltv guide
    Is there a tool i can use to set order of channels so i can get bbc1 bbc2 itv channel 4 and channel 5 coz the mrs likes corrie,eastenders,and stuff but with the downloaded Bouquets there all over the place
    and they list lots of other sat channels even from germany. i just need it to show only sly at the mo.

Thanks for reading and your help

regards
    erazer

• Try out ViX Team Enigma 2 settings for 28.2E

*All Channels correspond perfectly to the SLY HD Box.
    *Sly Box Office completely fixed all 52 SBO channel numbers correspond perfectly to the SLY HD Box.
    *Sly Anytime SD and HD channels added in own bouquet. Tested and working
    *A test bouquet has been added with channels in test.
    *Radio channels have been added and channel numbers added to corespond perfectly to SLY HD Box.

Freesat:

A full fledged Freesat Bouquet added. Numbered according to a freesat HD Receiver
    Added Free to Air in Sly FTA Bouquet
    Added Free to Veiw in Sly FTV Bouquet

• YES you can!
    Have a look at dreamboxedit.
    RelookPVR

• Thanks a lot m8 this is fab :)

• YES you can!
    Have a look at dreamboxedit.
    RelookPVR

m8 This is just what we needed my mrs love's you lol i set up her own Bouquet with all her fav channels she' is well happy ! i better take advantage of that bed time :)

many thanks
    erazer

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!