Delaying signal. Possible?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,356 times. The last Post () by RelookPVR.

• Hi guys.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to delay the signal slightly on a DM500?

I sometimes put a footie match on in 2 rooms, but my DM800 lags slightly behind the DM500 by about 10 seconds and it can be quite annoying.

Cheers

• I've noticed this too!

My DM800hd is always behind my spiderbox and dm500s...

Dm800hd is run through a motor compared to the others coming off the multi lnb dish, so I thought it might have been just the motor delaying it?

As you say its annoting when your in and out between rooms!

• Same set up as me mate, however I dont think it's to do with the sat signal.
    Probably more to do with extra processing that the DM800 does.

• Probably more to do with extra processing that the DM800 does.

Hd receivers are always slightly behind Sd in my experiance ! Yes this can be annoying ! Almost certainly down to encoding/decoding time !

it would be interesting if we could delay the broadcast signal ! wouldn't that give us more time to receive an ecm emm ! ect ? or am i talking sprite again

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• I can't see that being possible, I was thinkin more along the lines of how Timeshift works, but obviously the DM500 doesn't have recording capabilities.

• I used to have the same with the v*rgin cable boxes all the same versions and the lag was propotional to the distances along the pipe.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• Maybe the fact one goes through the motor does cause a delay.
    I might try swapping my boxes around later as that will give us a definate answer.

• but a delay of 10 seconds or 10 ms???? on the same frequency ?? never heard of that,especially when the connection is directly to the motor.. must be something about the processing...
    but for example there are radios with a "timedelay" so as to synchronise with the sat image being relayed ..
    example: athletic bilbao play in bilbao ,the feed from the stadium to the central via sat(madrid) which then has to be broadcast to the viewers via sat channel back to bilbao,, whereas the radio is in realtime....
    I´ve searched thru the dm (gemini) + vu(bh) but cant find any possible option ( including Transponder UTC Time Offsets,)

• Just tried, cable run has nothing to do with it. It's exactly the same when switched round.
    The DM800 must be delaying the picture when processing it.

• In my opninion one can answer this question using simple logic.
    The signal travels from sat to dish to receiver so this time frame must be a steady factor.
    Only possible source of delay is the STB then.
    RelookPVR

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!