any news on the red card yet

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,672 times. The last Post () by theblueirish.

• hi lads not had mine yet but want to know if there any news about getting round it yet, I use a dreambox500 server but would like to buy a better box but don't want to waist money, I do have a vu+ but found out a wile back it was a clone and the card reader don't work so want to flog that and get a genuine solo or something is that a good box for a server.
    thanks

• I don't think thay are sending them out to everyone yet.only new install.but If I was them I would only send a few 1000 out to test the water.thay made a big mess up with white card it was done within weeks. so makes sence to send out a few then look on here and other places to see if its been done.if no ones does it in next 6 months I would say thay will start to send out to everyone. then that's the end of cs for now

• if the HD service doesnt work through card sharing, how are the streaming sites sending out their hd sly sports. they must have a card in a server

Quite easy, they will have a streaming box hooked up to a official receiver, something like a monsoon media Vulkano box or a slingbox, then stream that so they are not even touching the encryption just streaming.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• muzz
    Wai you using satellite receiver for server !! If you don't want spend to much money,buy raspberrypi and use as server and your vu+ for watching

• how would they be able to stream like that to a E2 box or dreambox mmmmm? I wouldn't mine knowing how to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

wow I got a raspberrypi but how many clins could it take

• wow I got a raspberrypi but how many clins could it take

Think you mean how many "peers" not clients can it take......

Also have a look at the Vu zero, the solo is a really old spec now and more expensive than the zero......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I think hes referring to C lines :haha:

Muzz have a look at a this. It will give you a rough idea how they are probably streaming the content.

Code
    http://www.slingbox.com/Products/SlingboxM1/Features

Nano

• Think you mean how many "peers" not clients can it take......

Also have a look at the Vu zero, the solo is a really old spec now and more expensive than the zero......

I'd personally rather wait out a little longer for the TM Nano SE instead, the Zero and Solo SE look terrible and have very poor heat exchange due to their plastic design.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• are yes how many could that handle mate I got all my family want it now lol.
    thanks
    Thanks nano too

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked at that site mate sounds good, But I was wondering how many sling boxes could you use all at the same time.?
    Its ok I just found out you can only watch one channels at a time, dam.
    But I still cant see how they would be able to stream to loads of boxes at the same time off the sling box???? if it can be done maybe that's the way to go???? anyone here doing it like that.
    thanks

Edited 2 times, last by muzz: ssss ().

• people are using a pc and tv head end with multiple sat cards installed, what you have to remember is on the same transponder there are multiple channels, so 1 tuner can accept all these at once, so back to the pc if its a decent pc you can create a stream link quite easy with vlc for eg for each channel in that transponder, you then make a server to publish them all to, people use nginx, wowza and so on, so then you can use the servers url channel etc to select the stream you want to watch, so in vlc you can cut the stream BR / scale rite down while uploading, then re encode on the fly with the software.

well basically how its done

• just had a new red card and have it paired to a thompson SD box, works ok in original box but not showing any entitlements in oscam or cccam.
    does it need any settings changed in oscam?
    Any suggestions?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!