Little help folks need a twin tuner that will take a 3.5 inch hard drive

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,095 times. The last Post () by lost.

• Looking a box for a friend and unsure what to get, needs to be a twin tuner image support form vix as that is what she is used to from being at our house. The bit I'm stumped with is finding one that will take a 3.5 inch hard drive? As she has one of these and it would save money to use it rather than buy a 2.5

Would the vu duo be my only option out round that price range? I know it's starting to show its age a bit so wouldn't mind setting her up with something a little fresher and quicker if at all possible though the box will be just used for watching tv no need for Xbmc/kodi or any other fancy things so maybe I'm over thinking it?

• I'm thinking the Miracle being £60 pound more might be an issue, new duo's from world of sat are going for 190 can't really go much more North than that

• the Technomate TM Twin is similar to the Vu+ Duo, more memory, and also supported by vix (has modulated RF output as well which some people like/use)

• Box is for is friend... If for him I would recommend a wetek... For a friend a cheap box from forum sponsor basic with CC support maybe enough....

• That's what I'm thinking superdroid, as long as the tv side of things is rock solid that's all that matters. If it was for myself it would be a complete different matter. Thinking about going with my first choice, that was the vu duo, what's your thought on the technomate 3t?
    I have a tm nano 2 super and to be honest the vu+ solo2 gives me a better picture on sd than the technomate does

Reason I ask about the 3t is because I have been offered one second hand with hard drive installed

• go for the TM 3T m8, same chipset as the solo2 but has 3 tuners, and the 3rd tuner is a hybrid DVB-T / T2 / C tuner, they also havent been out for a year yet, so would still be covered by original manufacturers warranty ;)

Edited once, last by digidude ().

• My 2 cents,

I don't have a DUO but do have an Xtrend ET9200.

I just got an Atemio Nemesis last weekend, I'm really happy with it, excellent picture quality. I have 2 x DVB-S2, adding a DVB-C tuner module soon. I have 3.5" internal HDD and it's been running flawlessly and not too hot.

I'm really happy with it, much faster boot times. I haven't tested HDMI-in yet, but looks promising. The only disadvantage to this box is not many images support it (but I knew that going in) HDFreaks is my favorite image and it's working perfectly.

The Mutant has quad tuners, but I couldn't justify spending extra 100 Euros for 4th tuner.

Hope this helps.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!