WeTek Play as IPTV encoder/streamer

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,943 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Recently I discovered that in OpenELEC for WeTek Play in Un-official add-ons there are apps such as MuMuDVB and UDPXY, which are widely used for streaming.

Last few days I started playing with this two apps, and results are amazing. I was able to make unicast and multicast streams from WeTek Play, where I streamed some FTA and encr*pted channels, as MuMuDVB also work in combination with OSCam.

About MuMuDVB:

MuMuDVB can redistribute a stream from a DVB source (digital satellite television, digital terrestrial television, or digital cable television) on a network, in multicast or in HTTP unicast. Its main feature is to take a whole transponder and put each channel on a different multicast group with a simple configuration and improved compatibility with set top boxes. MuMuDVB have a low memory and CPU footprint and is able to run on embedded platforms. Servers with 20+ DVB cards are used sucessfully with MuMuDVB.

About UDPXY:

udpxy is a UDP-to-HTTP multicast traffic relay daemon: it forwards UDP traffic from a given multicast subscription to the requesting HTTP client.

udpxy is free and open source: it is licensed under GNU GPLv3. This quick guide explains the license in easily understandable terms.

So what you will need:

1. WeTek Play with DVB Tuner (DVB-S2 or DVB-C/T/T2 tuner)

2. OpenELEC 5.0.X (latest version is 5.0.6) installed on NAND Flash or microSD card

3. PC/Mac (of course :D)

After you install OpenELEC, and you boot in to it, enable Un-official OpenELEC repo for WeTek Play, to do it go to:

System -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> OpenELEC MediaCenter OS Add-ons -> Addons Repository -> Unofficial OpenELEC (WeTek_Play/arm) Add-ons , open it, and press OK/Enter on Install.

After you done that, move back to Add-ons main menu, and press OK/Enter on Check for updates (sometimes is needed to do this for two times, as Kodi know to reboot itself at this process).

Once when You make "check for updates" go to System -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> Unofficial OpenELEC (WeTek_Play/arm) Add-ons -> Program Add-ons

and once when you are in Program Add-ons, install udpxy and mumudvb apps. Of course, if you will use OSCam, install it from Unofficial repository, it is located in Service Add-ons.

Once when mumudvb and udpxy are installed, please connect by SSH to your WeTek Play device (username is root, password is openelec).

Execute this commands:

. etc/profile

. /etc/profile

ifconfig lo multicast

ip route add 224.0.0.0/4 dev lo src 127.0.0.1

ip route flush cache

With above commands, you configured WeTek Play to handle multicast traffic and to redirect it to loopback interface, and of course this will prevent multicast traffic to "kill" traffic on your LAN network.

Now let's configure/make mumudvb conf file.

On SSH execute this commands:

touch /storage/videos/mumudvb.conf

nano /storage/videos/mumudvb.conf

Depending of what type of DVB Tuner you are using with your WeTek Play, here are few examples how your config will look.

DVB-S/S2 Tuner 1:

card=0
    tuner=0
    multicast_ipv4=1
    autoconfiguration=full
    freq=__tranponder frequency in MHz__
    pol=__polarisation H, V, L or R__
    srate=__symbol rate__

DVB-S/S2 example Tuner 1:

card=0
    tuner=0
    multicast_ipv4=1
    autoconfiguration=full
    freq=11785
    pol=h
    srate=27500

In case you want to configure Tuner 2 (LNB 2), set : card=1
    In case you want to use OSCam to descramble channels add parameter: scam_support=1

When you finished with editing your mumudvb.conf press on keyboard CTRL+O, press Y and then press CTRL+X.

Finally when all is setup, we can run MuMuDVB with this command:

mumudvb -d -c /storage/videos/mumudvb.conf

Now you will see messages from MuMuDVB tuning to frequency, then catching channels, and then listing them with their Multicast IP addresses.

Open second SSH session to WeTek Play, and execute this command:

udpxy -T -p 82 -m lo -c 64

Now udpxy, will convert multicast streams to unicast, so you can open them in VLC player as:

http://IP-OF-WETEK:82/udp/Multicast-IP-Address:1234

More information about configuring MuMuDVB can be foun here:

http://www.mumudvb.net/doc/mumudvb-1.7.3/README_CONF.html

Of course if you have Linux PC or Windows PC with ffmpeg installed, you can use it to transcode streams in MPEG-4 H264 streams with AAC audio, but all of this depends on CPU power of your PC. In theory I was able to transcode 15 to 20 SD channels per single Intel Core i7 4770 CPU with 4 GB RAM, running on Debian 7.0 with installed latest ffmpeg with x264 from source.

- - - Updated - - -

For DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner streaming from DVB-C source:

card=0
    tuner=0
    elivery_system=DVBC_ANNEX_AC (can be DVBC_ANNEX_B)
    multicast_ipv4=1
    autoconfiguration=full
    freq=__tranponder frequency in MHz__ (e.g 414)
    srate=__symbol rate__ (e.g 6875)
    coderate=auto

For DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner streaming from DVB-T/T2 source:

card=0
    tuner=0
    delivery_system=DVBT (can be DVBT2 for DVB-T2)
    multicast_ipv4=1
    autoconfiguration=full
    freq=__tranponder frequency in MHz__ (e.g 414)
    bandwidth=8MHz (can be 8MHz, 7MHz, 6MHz, auto (DVB-T2: 5MHz, 10MHz, 1.712MHz)
    coderate=auto

• Humm... let me see if i understand, i can catch 28,2 FTA , and can send a fully TP channels to my uncle in Castellon?
    I only need a Wetek and a good upload?

• @ OP
    Works perfect :)

I would also like to mention that you can use this app in combination with TVHeadend and stream Live TV to your mobile devices.

The possibilities with this device seem endless :D

Humm... let me see if i understand, i can catch 28,2 FTA , and can send a fully TP channels to my uncle in Castellon?
    I only need a Wetek and a good upload?

Yes a WeTek Play and a subscription to a dynamic DNS service or VPN or simply a static IP address.

• At client side you can use any device with vlc or xbmc, android phone or tablet. There is interesting free IPTV Panel software which I am using to add my streams, will PM you info. It include free apps for web tv, smart tv's, android, ios and mag stb devices...

• xbmcflix, could you be so kind and send me an PM to with that IPTV Panel Software PLZ :-)
    i have got this Wetek divece to and must say it is the first Android bo that i realy like :-) and belive me i have tested a few of this in the past. but Wetek in combination with OpenELEC is a dream to use :-)

• Installed everything as the tutorial but getting this error message when scanning for frequencies

WARN: SCAM_COMMON: You have enabled the support for software descrambling (scrambled channels). Please report any bug/comment
    Info: Main: Full autoconfiguration, we activate SAP announces. if you want to deactivate them see the README.
    Info: Main: Full autoconfiguration, we activate PAT rewriting. if you want to disable it see the README.
    Info: Main: Full autoconfiguration, we activate SDT rewriting. if you want to disable it see the README.
    Info: Main: ========== End of configuration, MuMuDVB version 1.7.2_release is starting ==========
    Info: Autoconf: The autoconfiguration auto update is enabled. If you want to disable it put "autoconf_pid_update=0" in your config file.
    WARN: Main: Can't create /var/run/mumudvb/channels_streamed_adapter0_tuner0: No such file or directory
    WARN: Main: Can't create /var/run/mumudvb/channels_unstreamed_adapter0_tuner0: No such file or directory
    Info: Main: Streaming. Freq 11785000
    ERRO: DVB: FRONTEND DEVICE: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 : Device or resource busy
    ERRO: Tune: FE_GET_INFO: Bad file descriptor
    Info: Main: Tunning issue, card 0
    Info: Main: Closing cleanly. Error 7
    Segmentation fault

any help would be appreciated guys

• Thanks for that xbmcflix m8 all working fine now but updxy wont convert multicast streams to unicast it just hangs in putty when I log on, it takes ages to ask for user name and password and I then seem to lose network connection to wetek play box.
    Done exactly as your tutorial.
    Any chance of pm for software you mention in earlier postud bud
    cheers
    Neil

• hello neil , just be sure that you run 2 parallel windows witth ssh, one for mumudvb other for udpxy and if you rebooted your device you need again to configure multicast at lo interface as after reboot settings are reset

- - - Updated - - -

In VLC you type for example:

My Wetek Ip is 192.168.1.64 and i type:

http://192.168.1.64:82/udp/239.100.10.1:1234

This 239.100.10.1 Maybe is different in your mumudvb, see it when run mumudvb on which mcast address is which channel.

• Hi Jim, mumudvb have a lot of settings and SOP announcements too with EPG export so any client can read it directly without need to supply it with external EPG, but also is lighter and good to stream from bot tuners in same time. You can see a lot about mumudvb and possibilities of it at mumudvb.net

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!