My first impressions of the wetek play.

There are 67 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,037 times. The last Post () by master G.

• No doubt this post won't stay here long but so far I am not impressed with the wetek play box I received.

1. Does not come with batteries for the remote, Had to buy those my self.
    2. No euro to uk plug converter, had to rob one from one of my e2 boxes.
    3. The supplied HDMI cable is extremely poor quality, in fact this one does not work at all, I had to rob one from my Solo2, I even tested the cable on the Solo2 and it does not work at all.

I have not even gotten around to testing the unit yet but so far I feel badly let down by the poor quality control and the fact that they scrimped on simple things like a set of batteries and a euro to uk plug. These things you would expect any reputable retailer to supply with the receiver free of charge especially the plug converter seeing as this unit is being used in the uk.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• 1:Batteries £1 x 10 poundland
    2:Converter plug £1 poundland
    3: Hdmi cable £1 poundland
    Maybe you should get the fork out your sugar bowl and not moan about sweety money ,postage is free box is cheap service is good , contact them

• The remote feels quite well built and fits in the hand nicely but it suffers badly from lag, multiple times while scrolling through various menus the remote continues to go on it's merry little way for 5 or 6 clicks, if it was not for the air mouse feature it would easily be a total rite off in my opinion.

• No doubt this post won't stay here long but so far I am not impressed with the wetek play box I received.

Well issue of sell worldwide... i can live with that... will be more concerned with SW and HW quality that if they put batteries or not...

No doubt this post won't stay here long but so far I am not impressed with the wetek play box I received.

3. The supplied HDMI cable is extremely poor quality, in fact this one does not work at all, I had to rob one from my Solo2, I even tested the cable on the Solo2 and it does not work at all.

HDMI is XIOMI one... pretty good one! and stylish...

So.. We should buy a VU+ because it come with 2 bateries and a UK adapter but is not half good as Wetek :D

I have not even gotten around to testing the unit yet but so far I feel badly let down by the poor quality control and the fact that they scrimped on simple things like a set of batteries and a euro to uk plug. These things you would expect any reputable retailer to supply with the receiver free of charge especially the plug converter seeing as this unit is being used in the uk.

Hi Phoenix,

Thank You for buying WeTek Play and sharing your impressions here with community. In case you have issues with your HDMI cable, please feel free to contact support@wetek.com , and Support department will replace your HDMI cable ASAP, without no additional cost for You at all.

Regarding batteries and why they are not shipped with device, reason is simple. All our devices are in 99% shipped with Air Express option, and almost all carriers forbid transport of goods with batteries without prior notification. It means, we should ask TNT Express, which is our shipping courier if they can deliver or not, and already customer will be waiting for device 3+ days, and our policy is free shipping with next day delivery.

Regarding Power adaptor, once more, please contact support@wetek.com and ask them for refund of cost which you spent to buy EU to UK converter, they can do it instantly over PayPal.

Edited 2 times, last by WeTekPlay ().

• 1:Batteries £1 x 10 poundland
    2:Converter plug £1 poundland
    3: Hdmi cable £1 poundland
    Maybe you should get the fork out your sugar bowl and not moan about sweety money ,postage is free box is cheap service is good , contact them

Thats not the point, those items should be supplied as standard, especially the batteries and plug converter, every single other piece of electrical equipmet I have bought for the past 10 years has had those included from E2 receivers to 3D TV's, even the amazon fire TV boxes I bought a few weeks ago came with batteries.

The fact these dont is just poor on the retailers part.

• Official Post

Thats not the point, those items should be supplied as standard, especially the batteries and plug converter, every single other piece of electrical equipmet I have bought for the past 10 years has had those included from E2 receivers to 3D TV's, even the amazon fire TV boxes I bought a few weeks ago came with batteries.

The fact these dont is just poor on the retailers part.

I have recently received a tm-nano-se and a number of Vu+ zeros from WOS, none of them came with a UK adapter m8.. So i`m assuming it doesn`t come as standard for either sponsors..

• Wetek this is minor thinks... but adapter could be nice if you could provide it.

And thanks for listen forums, you guy are really making a new hera! Congrats

• Wetek this is minor thinks... but adapter could be nice if you could provide it.

And thanks for listen forums, you guy are really making a new hera! Congrats

Hi Superdroid,

Sure, our marketing and support guys already received this message, and we will fix this ASAP. Each next product from WeTek will have compatible power adapter for UK.

• I have recently received a tm-nano-se and a number of Vu+ zeros from WOS, none of them came with a UK adapter m8.. So i`m assuming it doesn`t come as standard for either sponsors..

Now you mention it I didnt get one with my vu+solo se that came from WOS, Pheonix is correct it "is just poor on the retailers part"

Nice to see wetek are going to ship adaptors now :thumb:

• The post will still be here for others to comment on , don't worry about what you have said no one values your opinion on Wetek anyway we know what were getting and having a ball join the revolution and have some fun too,when you say something constructive we will thank you as always , no one has agreed with you so far so we can all be wrong

:party::fire2::fire2:

• I found the remote fine on android but openelec was a bit erratic, the 5.0.6 update has now solved this, also the remote runs on 2.4ghz as does most home wifi routers, I set my router to use a certain channel just in case there was any interference

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!