How to stop live TV playback?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 811 times. The last Post () by gizmofreak.

• Hi there

Those of you that have this android box will know that it attempts to replicate the functionality of other sattelite / cable tv boxes, meaning that as soon as you switch it on it'll automatically start playing a live TV channel. whilst that isn't a problem, I have found on my box that during playback all the processing power is being used up and you cannot open any of the xbmc add-ons, all I get is what 'working' message in the bottom right hand corner.

So in order to use xbmc add-ons, I'd need to stop the live TV playback somehow in order to free up some processing power, but that doesn't seem possible for some reason.

Does anyone know a way to stop live tv playback?

• Dont know this box but I also noticed constant "working" on xbmc repositories but opens/loads on kodi no bother..
    Have you tried leaving it on an FTA live channel and trying?
    Can you update/overwrite to KODI ??

• thanks carlos99 however that's a really elongated route to using add-ons.
    The suggestion to go to an FTA channel does work, although the some FTA channels yield success while others don't. BBC 1 London works.

Am going to do some more playing around in the coming weeks to see if I can find a solution which will allow add-ons to work regardless of which channel is playing in the background. Will post back if I have success.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!