What tools do developers use to create a firmware?? I.e openvix openatv

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 934 times. The last Post () by carlos99.

• Hi Everyone,

I have always wanted to learn how developers such as vix team and openatv create firmware images. I want to learn how to create my own, Can anyone guide me on the tools/programs used to develop such firmware. I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

H2014

• I wouldnt bother we have plenty of these, what we are running short on is HD and a fix, plough your time in to EMU instead if you really have that much spare time :)

• If you want to build/compile the images that's actually quite easy- the easiest is probably from the oe-alliance git:

https://github.com/oe-alliance/build-enviroment

It has to be run in Linux- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is recommended (I use Linux Mint 17). Getting all the dependencies is probably the hardest part:

apt-get install -y autoconf automake bison bzip2 cvs diffstat flex g++ gawk gcc gettext git-core gzip help2man ncurses-bin ncurses-dev libc6-dev libtool make texinfo patch perl pkg-config subversion tar texi2html wget zlib1g-dev chrpath libxml2-utils xsltproc libglib2.0-dev python-setuptools zip info coreutils diffstat chrpath libproc-processtable-perl libperl4-corelibs-perl sshpass default-jre default-jre-headless java-common libserf-dev

Should take care of most- but probably not all dependencies.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!