C lines and f lines

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,259 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi,i am sharing my card,this is the C line i give C: ip-address 13000 username password and F line F: username password 2 0 0 { 0:0:2 }. is this ok cos i want to get the best reshare for mine.thanks

• The 2 in the first bit of the line means you give your local card and 2 hops set this to 0 and your peer will get local card only

In the second part of the Line 2 means your peer gets to use your card an can reshare it on to 1 hop above them

I use 0 0 0 { 0:0:2 } keeps server fast!

• I use 0 0 0 { 0:0:2 } keeps server fast!
    it certainly does,,,but then if you dont have a strong/popular package or platform,,
    then imagine how many peers you would need to have a "full/all-round" server... imagine to have 37 platforms you would need to find at least 37 peers with "fullcards"..... hard if not impossible,then for those 37 "fullcards" to be on 24/7,356 per anumm...so to back it up ,you´d be looking for more peers... on the other hand ,,the more hops you share the more likely that you will be sharing a "common" peer that the other 2 already have..( don´t know if that makes any sense to you) for example if A shares with B and A+B share with C ,then A will be recieving C´s card from B in hop1 translating into hop2..
    ............ so the norm is to set it at 2 0 0 { 0:0:2 } especially if it is a pc server bacause it can take it....or a "weaker card" .that relies on resharing of others´cards.

• Hi,if i have just friends sharing my card and they have nothing to share back is the F line i set is F: username password 1 0 0 { 0:0:1 }.is this ok only if i share with others i should set it to 2 0 0 { 0:0:2 }.

• If they do not share back and watch only your local then make it 0 0 0 { 0:0:1 }
    Why share if you get nothing back though?

Hello I am new to the drembox 500 and can you explain where I can find to test the saddles C_line drembox

• Hello,these friends will share something back in time,i am just trying to work out the best way to share and understand the C AND F LINES.everbody has different ways of setting these lines just want to know what is best.thank you,any other options would help.

• I use 0 0 0 { 0:0:2 } keeps server fast!
    it certainly does,,,but then if you dont have a strong/popular package or platform,,
    then imagine how many peers you would need to have a "full/all-round" server... imagine to have 37 platforms you would need to find at least 37 peers with "fullcards"..... hard if not impossible,then for those 37 "fullcards" to be on 24/7,356 per anumm...so to back it up ,you´d be looking for more peers... on the other hand ,,the more hops you share the more likely that you will be sharing a "common" peer that the other 2 already have..( don´t know if that makes any sense to you) for example if A shares with B and A+B share with C ,then A will be recieving C´s card from B in hop1 translating into hop2..

............ so the norm is to set it at 2 0 0 { 0:0:2 } especially if it is a pc server bacause it can take it....or a "weaker card" .that relies on resharing of others´cards.

thanx for explanation, starting to see things a bit clearer

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!