Online converter channel list from E2 to VDR

There are 30 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,625 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• Here is web with script who is convert channel list from E2 to VDR :

Code
    twojeip.net/e2/vdr

Channel list from E2 must be packed to zip file. All files must be in standard lamedb 4 and to root directory.
    Script display log from conversion, at the end you get ready to download channels.conf

Author : DaM

found on other site here

Code
    http://openelec.tv/forum/83-dvb-s-s2-support/76470-online-converter-channel-list-from-e2-to-vdr

may come in handy as VDR is my prefferd Pvr tbh, ive not tested this yet as not at location where im able to but thought i would share for everyone else

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Edited once, last by Honcho ().

• Anyone have any joy with this yet, just installed OpenElec 5.9.1 into nand still scanning the now so just seen if i actualily need to scan or use this and fire over file ?

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Anyone have any joy with this yet, just installed OpenElec 5.9.1 into nand still scanning the now so just seen if i actualily need to scan or use this and fire over file ?

Honcho, hello mate looks like i need your help again, ive trid this but when i offer my e2 it just goes red latest catseye e2 28.2 , any help appreciated , thanks.

• soz i missed this reply on 29th , but yah need to exstract the e2 file to a folder then go into the folder and highlight all filers
    right click then choose add to archive as zip file , the upload that file thats in the folder the zip file you just created to the web address and it will output the right .conf for you

hope this helps :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Hi. First in System > TV> General> you should enable 3 options about synchronize groups, use channel/group order from server. Then copy your converterd file , Clear all data in TV>general sectionre and restart OE. After everything load you should have your list. Make sure that in System> Addons> my addons> PVR clients> VDR and configuration option Automatically Create channel groups is disabled because it will create different groups and there you can set priotity to 0 (vdr will be works little better) . And also you can disable always scanning and adding new channels by vdr. Go to System> TV> last option Specific client settings> open it and go to 6 Setup> 3 DVB > and change Update Channels option from add new channels to Pids Only. Save everything and restart OE. After this OE works really nice with VDR

• i use names and pids for update parameters , but mostly i find the scanning time is long so normilalily use rats update then resend over new file :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Generally when I want to add new channel I just scan in VDR Configuration (Programs> VDR configuration) , or turn on Add new channels /TP in vdr channel update , wait ~30min and again change this settings for Pids Only . Edit my list and after this delete new found on the end (leave only my channles and groups). Or just use my E2 box, update channels and convert my list to vdr :)

• does any of the two you both posted keep grouping in right order as e2 to vdr when transferd stays in alphibetical grouping for group location

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• does any of the two you both posted keep grouping in right order as e2 to vdr when transferd stays in alphibetical grouping for group location

i can group them ok, but when i load to kodi and reboot it seems to put bouquets in its own order, ie say i do a rats bouquet once loaded to kodi the order is changed but bouquets content is ok .

• I only edit my channels normally by edit++ and change order or delete , save it copy to my box, restart , clean database in System> TV> general and everything is good (in right order) like on my enigma2 box ;)

Btw. For better stability you can also disable epg load during streaming in VDR. Go to System> TV> Specific client settings> Special client settings> 6 setup> 9 plugins> 5 vnsi server > Avoid EPG scan while streaming > set YES and restart OE

• i can group them ok, but when i load to kodi and reboot it seems to put bouquets in its own order, ie say i do a rats bouquet once loaded to kodi the order is changed but bouquets content is ok .

same here dale it put the group names in alphabetical order , i know on tvheadend you can set the group by a number to save order placement , but so far im no furthr with vdr in saving group order , its a small niggle but still nippy sweeties ,

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• i did a while ago never got a responce worth typing lolz , but then again i can be hardwork to read n understand sometimes
    there will be a way of keeping the group possitions via editing the file probs witha suffix before the TV-group name, poss by a number ie 1-TV-Entertainment 1-TV-movies or #1-TV blah blah #2-TV blah blah , have a look on vdr site ill be named as i am here i not been online much for a bit lately so possible theres a later responce,

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• hows your epg, where u cache that in nand or on usb, ive noticed that it updates better when left on certain channels , cant mind what one it was again as again but was one of the data stream ones
    thats my only 2 issues on O/E group placement & epg storage.

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• not thought about epg storage i have proggy to clear cache , where is it stored currently, maybe have to look so dont fill memory.

- - - Updated - - -

I was reading how VDR do groups with delimiter's put before a channel group or no:

have a look.

The file channels.conf contains the channel configuration. Each line defines either a group delimiter or a channel.

A group delimiter is a line starting with a ':' as the very first character, followed by arbitrary text. Example:

:First group

Group delimiters may also be used to specify the number of the next channel. To do this, the character '@' and a number must immediately follow the ':', as in

:@201 First group

The given number must be larger than the number of any previous channel (otherwise it is silently ignored).

A group delimiter can also be used to just set the next channel's number, without an explicit delimiter text, as in

:@201

Such a delimiter will not appear in the Channels menu.

A channel definition is a line with channel data, where the fields are separated by ':' characters. Example:
    RTL Television,RTL;RTL World:12187:hC34M2O0S0:S19.2E:27500:163=2:104=deu;106=deu:105:0:12003:1:1089:0

i tried this and again it did not work example :@1 sports :@2 movies

Edited once, last by dale094 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!