Please help with tuner configuration

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,585 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• Good afternoon,
    My setup.
    Quad LNB on single, motorized dish, USALS. TM-Nano 2 Super, twin tuner, built-in HDD.
    Four separate cables A, B, C and D feeding 3 stbs.
    Cable A controls the motor and feeds tuner A. Cable B feeds tuner B (TM-Nano).
    Cables C and D feed other boxes (not relevant here).
    I realise that all feeds, at any one sat position, will share the same satellite. This is OK with me.
    My question. How do I best configure tuners A and B for best viewing and recording capability?
    My options are:
    1.nothing, 2.simple, 3.equal to, 4.advanced
    ATM, tuner A (advanced mode) on LNB1, disecq 1.2. Tuner B (also advanced) on LNB2, but no disecq.
    Thanks.

• why are you using disecq 1.2 ?? you have setup as USALS so no need..
    tuner A : ( simple) mode: positioner : your long + Lat
    tuner B : (equal to) or (loop through to ) tuner A
    You use tuner A as the "master" to move the motor.
    tuner B is a "slave" to it..
    You only have one lnb quad so dont know why you are setting up a second lnb( lnb2,etc)

• Because I don't understand it fully. I imagined a quad lnb as lnb1,lnb2 etc. But what you've told me is that it's just one lnb.
    Got it. BTW, things seemed to work OK with my setup. I've changed it now to your recommend. Thanks. See how it goes.

• Official Post

AFAIK
    "equal to" would mean that receiver would think there is also a motor on second tuner.

"loop through" woul djust use internal loop through, so that limits the usage of transponders. In any case, the TM Nano 2 super, Nano 3T combo and Vu Solo 2 cannot internal loop from A to B. They can do B to A.

Because I don't understand it fully. I imagined a quad lnb as lnb1,lnb2 etc. But what you've told me is that it's just one lnb.
    Got it. BTW, things seemed to work OK with my setup. I've changed it now to your recommend. Thanks. See how it goes.

Yes a quad LNB is treated as separate LNBs. However, you are configuring the tuner. How many physical LNBs are connected to the tuner being configured? As it is only one, LNB 1, LNB 2 is wrong.

Based on the pictured setup (excluding the other recivers) you tuner configuration should be as pictured.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!