Premier sports going hd in july

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 651 times. The last Post () by Fano.

• Official Post

This has been posted on the official Premier Sports website....

We are delighted to confirm a high definition version of the Premier Sports channel will be launching in July of 2015.

The date is yet to be set by SKY and the HD channel will initally be on the SKY platform only.

• Isnt this the UK version of Setanta?

I wonder if they are going HD?

Yes ,it is

Premier Sports is essentially Setanta Sports 1 ,its the same feed for both channels since 2013,but some programmes are blocked due to rights issues
    i.e Premier League is blocked on a Premier Sports sub ,whilst Championship Gaa is blocked on a Setanta sub

Setanta Sports 1 will be HD come August

I have read that Setanta HD has an exclusive deal with UPC (ireland cable), so we may not see this on the satellite platform anytime soon

Thats Setanta Ireland HD
    There are 2 Setanta channels on a Republic of Ireland Setanta sub,Setanta Ireland and Setanta Sports 1.
    Setanta ireland is free on UPC ,its part of the Setanta pack on satellite which also includes the BT channels and ESPN in Ireland.

Edited once, last by Fano ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!