help running oscam

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,151 times. The last Post () by leroy123.

• Hi All,
    I followed the excellent tutorial from "thatfellow" on this site in building an oscam/cccam server.
    I used this twice recently with no problems running a sly card in cccam. I now want to take this server a step further by running my card in oscam but still use cccam to share. I have never used oscam before so I am completely dumb in this regard. I have noticed that the oscam.server file is blank. Is this normal. I am currently using a smargo which is running fine locked to the card using its ID. I have the following line in my cccam.cfg file but am not sure of the next step. N: 127.0.0.1 10000 cccam cccam 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256
    Any advise or a step by step guide for a novice would be greatly appreciated. To recap, card fine running in cccam but want to keep existing clients in cccam.cfg and run card in oscam.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Edited once, last by hs5424 ().

• You can start with downlading oscam/cccam from the linuxsat support server. After that you have available config for your card on the same server.
    To finish your setup just change what you need to change in the etc/tuxbox/config folder.

hope you'll make it
    Cheers!

• U need to setup your reader in oscam.server via smargo/omnikey readers set your group for that reader
    Make sure all files are correctly installed thru Ubuntu or will not detect reader..

Master G mate is your best bet

• Hi All,
    I followed the excellent tutorial from "thatfellow" on this site in building an oscam/cccam server.
    I used this twice recently with no problems running a sly card in cccam. I now want to take this server a step further by running my card in oscam but still use cccam to share. I have never used oscam before so I am completely dumb in this regard. I have noticed that the oscam.server file is blank. Is this normal. I am currently using a smargo which is running fine locked to the card using its ID. I have the following line in my cccam.cfg file but am not sure of the next step. N: 127.0.0.1 10000 cccam cccam 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256
    Any advise or a step by step guide for a novice would be greatly appreciated. To recap, card fine running in cccam but want to keep existing clients in cccam.cfg and run card in oscam.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Have a read of this thread bud..... How to : Install oscam and cccam on ubuntu with smargo reader SKY UK

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks guys,
    Update on my problem is that I now have Oscam reading the card but it will not open the sports channels so looks like that I missed something in the server config ???. If I run the card in cccam the sports channels open ok.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You can start with downlading oscam/cccam from the linuxsat support server. After that you have available config for your card on the same server.
    To finish your setup just change what you need to change in the etc/tuxbox/config folder.

hope you'll make it
    Cheers!

• Official Post

Thanks guys,
    Update on my problem is that I now have Oscam reading the card but it will not open the sports channels so looks like that I missed something in the server config

Show us the configs used and an oscam log while viewing the sport channels..

CCcam may be reading your card before oscam.. If you have any of these parameters enabled in the CCcam.cfg disable by putting # in front or remove them.

Code
    #BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 12 34 56 78
    #SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3750000
  • Show us the configs used and an oscam log while viewing the sport channels..

CCcam may be reading your card before oscam.. If you have any of these parameters enabled in the CCcam.cfg disable by putting # in front or remove them.

Code
    #BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 12 34 56 78
    #SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3750000

Thanks masterG.
    I just tried # out the clock freq and the boxkey but no joy. The card will run all channels in cccam but only standard ones in oscam. Willing to try anything at this stage.
    P.S. I tried with and without a boxid in the oscam.server.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi MasterG,
    Hope you can view the attached log. It says no matching reader.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi MasterG
    Oscam conf attached

• Official Post

Show us oscam.server and oscam.user files.. Make sure the group is the same in [reader] & [account].

Run lsusb in telnet. This will give you the bus id for the smargo. You will get an output like below:

Code
    Bus [COLOR='#FF0000']001[/COLOR] Device [COLOR='#FF0000']005[/COLOR]: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC

Add the smargo id to oscam.server:

Code
    protocol = smartreader 
    device = [COLOR='#FF0000']001:005[/COLOR]
  • when you hashed out cccam box key
    and now your only getting the standard channels
    says to me your still using cccam to read the card and oscam is doing nothing

show the log with oscam reading the card with the standard channels working

Edited once, last by davvo ().

• Thanks guys for getting back to me.
    I confirmed the bus and id are correctly set using lsusb, however I cannot check things out today as the entitlements on the card ran out last night. Maybe some expired before others which would explain the lack of sports etc, ????. In the mean time I will post my configs for you guys to have a look at and make changes or recommendations . They probably need some tweaking to say the least. I would like to disable emms to the server as I prefer the manual method of refreshing the card.

I would like to disable emms to the server as I prefer the manual method of refreshing the card.

You shouldn't need to manually do it as cccam should update it but you have it blocked in your configs.

blockemm-u = 1

This may explain why you've lost channels/entitlements.
    I'd recommend deleting this line or changing it to

saveemm-u = 1

You could give these configs a try (they updated a white card for me with a similar setup)

Replace all in red with your own settings.

In order to get your lost channels back though i'm afraid you'll probably have to make a phone call / web-chat.

• Update All,
    Finally got it working with the help of you guys and by going back to basics with my configs. I am interested to see how it runs in oscam compared to cccam. I have attached my now working configs for you guys to take a look at. There are a lot of settings in oscam when I browse into it. 99% I know nothing about but am willing to learn, considering that I come from a time when I worked on valve (vacuum tube) technology. Let me know what you think. Again thanks to MasterG, davvo, Newbie2015, codar, Helloween, and Mckee25. Hope I have not left anyone out.
    Talk later.

• Hi will appreciate it if anyone can point me in right direction of seting up a server al info on net seems outdated also I read on that thread people are having trouble with movies and sport so with the new red cards no movie and sport also is the red card not possible to be inserted into a card reader as sly have now paired the cards to the boxes ?? Sorry for the questions total newbie to this thanks in advance

Also can anyone let me no what equipment I need to invest in

any help or point in right direction will be appreciated thanks in advance

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody going to help ????

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!