Automated Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 Install Package For Debian 6

There are 252 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 60,930 times. The last Post () by ilk.

• i think you need to set your static ip address
    it can be edited in /etc/network/interfaces

should be summit like

iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.100
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    broadcast 192.168.5.255
    gateway 192.168.5.254

Manual-Howto - Debian Wiki

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Official Post

I am having problems replacing configs with s** configs,
    it seems to be write protected, im using flshfxp to ftp the files

any help is much appreciated

Then you are not logged in as root, Debian allows root login so change your credentials. Flashfxp will get you nowhere either. Read the tut again from start to finish and you may notice this

For Beginners - How To Add Lines To Linux Server Using CS Studio

• Hello guys, I followed this tutorial to the letter but no Joy... I think I know why it's not happening but I have no idea how to sort it..

Firstly, I will explain my setup.

My new Debian server is not connected directly to the router. It is connected to My main PC which in turn connects to the router Via Wireless USB card. On my main PC (Which has Win 7), I use Internet Connection Sharing to share the internet with My Debian server vis LAN Cable. OK, I then move onto this part of the Tutorial:

After I reboot, I have no Internet. The little icon up the top right for Network Status says "wired network not managed" or something like that when I hover over it. I think my problem is that this tutorial was set up for a debian server that was directly connected to the router whereas Im sharing a wireless connection as described above.

Here is some info that may help someone to suggest a fix..
    The IP address i picked for My Linux server during this tutorial: 192.168.1.123
    IP address of my Router: 192.168.0.1
    IP Address of My desktop which I connect to for internet sharing 192.168.1.17
    Also, My internet server provider gives me a static IP Address

Thanks..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Official Post

You can manage your network settings with this command & these settings

Code
    nano /etc/network/interfaces

DHCP

Code
    auto eth0
        allow-hotplug eth0
        iface eth0 inet dhcp

Static

Code
    auto eth0
        iface eth0 inet static
            address 192.168.0.7
            netmask 255.255.255.0
            gateway 192.168.0.254

But if at all possible you should try and setup using a wired connection directly to the router.

• Thanks Ten, but Ive taken your advice and setup the server connected directly to the router.. I went through the whole install word for word but I still have a problem... Here is the error:

/sbin/ifdown: interface eth0 not configured
    SIOCADDRT: No such process
    Failed to bring up eth0.
    ########## Congradilations ############
    You're Server is ready to run.
    Demo configs included
    Please reboot your machine now.

When I rebooted No internet connection, same error, network not managed or something... This has been a hard switch from windows.. Id troubleshoot this problem in 5 mins in windows... Aaaaah.. Please help

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• No problem Ten, here is my current /etc/network/interfaces file. I have changed this around for the last day or two in about 5 different linux installs with no joy..

• After I edit & save the /etc/network/interfaces file, I try to restart networking. Here is what I get:

chris@debian:~$ su
    Password:
    root@debian:/home/chris# /etc/init.d/networking restart
    Running /etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated because it may not enable again some interfaces ... (warning).
    Reconfiguring network interfaces...SIOCADDRT: No such process
    Failed to bring up eth0.
    done.
    root@debian:/home/chris#

Also, I dont know if this is relevant but I have a Static IP Address assigned from my ISP. Should that IP address be in this file or settings somewhere.

Thanks

• Official Post

I have did a little reading and found others with the same problem, try this mate

note: gateway should be your routers ip, once you have made the changes network interfaces need to be restarted to take effect with this command.

Code
    /etc/init.d/networking restart
  • Cheers M8, Ill try that now.. Just another thing when Im off doing that on my server. I seen in some post somewhere on this site that I can log into my server from my desktop PC. This would be very handy for me now as I have set up my server directly wired to the router and every time I have to make changes, I have to use the main TV which is causing big problems with wifey & Kids.. Could you point me in the right direction for that? Im sure I have to sort out this network problem first though.. Thanks again M8..

Tried removing that "allow-hotplug eth0 line" & restarted the networking but same problem.

root@debian:/home/chris# /etc/init.d/networking restart
    Running /etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated because it may not enable again some interfaces ... (warning).
    Reconfiguring network interfaces...SIOCADDRT: No such process
    Failed to bring up eth0.
    done.
    root@debian:/home/chris#

Ha, I feel like crying.... The only thing that is keeping me at this is the fact that I know the networking was working on this fresh install of debian. It just stopped working after the Automated Oscam/CCcam install Script. So at least I know its not a hardware problem.. Just an idea Ten, but could I do a fresh install and back up the /etc/network/interfaces, then run the script and recover the backed up /etc/network/interfaces file? Im not sure if that would help but at lease I know the networt was working with the orig settings.

One last question, the tutorial said to put in dyndns.org for host name when I was installing Debian, Do I have to have a dyndns account for this to work? I know Im backtracking all over the place but I am just convinced that I missed something... Thanks again M8

• One more thing, do I need to Enable DDNS service in my Router? I just noticed flicking through settings that DDNS service is not enabled.

• Official Post

Yes backing up then restoring would work mate, it does not matter about entering the dns during install & rather than use the router dns update service i find installing ddclient much better.
    This guide will work on both Ubuntu & Debian.

Installing DNS Updater On Ubuntu Server

If you are doing a fresh install i suggest this one using ubuntu server edition as this one does not set your ip during the cams install process.

HOW TO - CCcam+Oscam Automated Installation for Ubuntu

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!