mars dtv has stopped

There are 51 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,439 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• Despite reading the other threads about resetting the Dtv on my mars using the ADB tool, it does not work for me, it gives the options, but appears to do nothing although option 4 does reboot the box. It continues to throw up a box saying DTV has stopped. Has anyone any ideas how to overcome this, bearing in mind that I have also read the usb resetting thread , and my box has only a power button on the front and a power switch at the back, so powering on whilst holding a button at the front just don't work, I have tried it. Frustration is here in excessive amounts. Help

• Just put usb system upgrade into operation it appeared to go about 50%, then the box rebooted, and the "unfortunately dtv has stopped" came up with behind it an initialization of dtv box, with spinning line, also the DTV icon has BOOT above it. Unless you keep pressing ok , it will not allow you to do anything, but continually returns to the pop up and needs another ok. Any solutions would be gratefully received, its driving me mad pressing ok. Thanks

• Just put usb system upgrade into operation it appeared to go about 50%, then the box rebooted, and the "unfortunately dtv has stopped" came up with behind it an initialization of dtv box, with spinning line, also the DTV icon has BOOT above it. Unless you keep pressing ok , it will not allow you to do anything, but continually returns to the pop up and needs another ok. Any solutions would be gratefully received, its driving me mad pressing ok. Thanks

I just uploaded latest adb tool for this issue.
    Download Latest adb_tool from post #6 http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=81189&p=311537#post311537
    will wait for your feedback.

• I now have this problem. Unfortunately,DTVPlayer has stopped. I have tried loading update file on usb an d it says updating and then says error?

• I now have this problem. Unfortunately,DTVPlayer has stopped. I have tried loading update file on usb an d it says updating and then says error?

make sure that file name should be update.zip if not then rename it ... ......... update.zip and update(1).zip is not same box cannot recognise update(1).zip.
    may i know which model you have Mars android dtv player or mars android hd se ?

• Hi thanks for the quick response, I renamed as you said and did the update but still showing dtvplayer has stopped. I'm trying to work out how to do the sd card thing. From the ad I bought:-
    MARS Android & Satellite TV Receiver Hybrid 2in1,MARS Android DVB-S2 Receiver,MA1
    thanks Melv.

• Thanks I have done this and it works for only a short time then freezes/crashes and says dtv player stopped then rights itself for a short time then as I try to get something on Kodi it freezes, so I turn off and then on and its back to dtv player not working. I can watch some stuff on NavX ok but when I try others it freezes.Cheers Melv.

• @ melv,
    maybe you are missing a step.
    make sure download above latest adb tool mentioned in post #13 should fix the issue .
    did you tried adb tool in this order #6 then #5 then #4
    DTV will malfunction if their are streams recorded on sdcard. Their is no much space left to Run DTV player.
    you need to delete ts streams on sdcard followed by #6 on adb tool then reset dtv player #5 then #4 to reboot box
    if no joy then pm me for teamviewer support.

.....update----------

follow this thread form more information http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=81189

• Thankyou for your patience, I must of been trying with the wrong abd tool. At first when I put numbers in abd tool it said cannot find box but after a few attempts and some restarts it is now working and says GOOD on the front panel. cheers Melv

• It worked for a couple of days then while I was searching for something in SALTS it froze and I had to turn it off and on and unfortunately DTVplayer has stopped came back. So I tried the adb tool but it says adb is not reconized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

• Hi, still no luck, I have followed the instructions carefully (several times now), I've tried redoing update but its stops half way and when I put I.P into abd it says "adb is not reconized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file".
    The SD clean top bar is 1% or the other say 0.0mb.
    It comes on saying "unfortunately DTVplayer has stopped " and no matter what I try I can't get it to update or reconize the abd.
    Cheers Melv.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!