to rule out a problem

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,301 times. The last Post () by top gooner.

• hello all hope you are well!

i have a dm800 as a server, this serves my 4 internal boxes no problem, i also share my card with a friends cards and everything works well with no problems.
    my bro doesnt have much money so i decided i would allow a share from my dm800 for him, i had a dm500 laying around reflashed to pli jade3 set it up all again added cccam and and c line and also f line in my box. checken it on my home network clears the channels no problem
    he has the same router as me so i have opened the same ports as mine, checked canyouseeme.com and it cant see the ports open.

so to rule out a problem would i need to setup a dyndns account on my bro broadband router to open up the ports and to connect to my server? just seems weird that ive got a dyndns and the bloke i share with has one and we can connect perfectly?

there has been alot of reading over the last week on the forum but it doesnt tell me if he needs a dyndns or not? so if u dont need a dyndns account on my bro router, then it must be a router problem?

thanks in advance

top gooner

• if your brother is just going to be a client then n need to open any ports as he will only be recieving so hterefore no need to setup an account either,,,another story is if he is going to be a server also then yes,,account + open port.

• thanks for the reply carzuela.... well that answers a question thank you for that!
    so obviously this starts another question why cant he connect to me? the problem is he lives 30min drive away so its not as if im popping round the corner to see him, and as he has no knowledge of this hobby at all, it sometimes becomes difficult.... i need to check the f and c lines again! u no it will be something really simple lol

ok no need to portforward, no need for dyndns thanks for the help carzuela your a diamond

• As Caz says, you need no dyn acc or port forward so it sounds like a simple c / f line error.
    Set up something really simple like::-

C: yourdnsaddy port user pass
    F: user pass

If that works ok then add the numbers to suit. (Drop me an email if you like)

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• thanks again cazuela il get that downloaded and installed, already got curry night sorted with my bro on friday night to sort this out!

hello dream500 my friend long time no chat (il b emailing u soon), thats what i thought, its most probably a c or f line, but i have checked the f line and it looks fine to me, so poss c line his end, i sent him the cccam lines manager 1.3 (love that program) i expect he has changed something, just to add to the conversation he cant download from addons, thought cccam was causing the problem so i told him to download 2.1.4 but it wasnt downloading at all, but it was working at mine.so poss dhcp issue or cat cable problem or image problem?

thanks to the both of u

• Yes, TG, hello. There's nothing like a good curry (I should know lol) to sort things out. Let us all know what the problem was in the end, this will help others out.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• the dhcp has nothing to do with him being client,but obviously something has been altered,,if you can´t find the prob yourself ,,copy all the essentials,configs,etc, then reflash the box and start from scratch..then tell him NOT to touch your hard work ,lol..
    but i´m sure you will find the prob straight away ;) spacings in cline,etc....

• evening cazuela thanks for the reply again.
    yer i said to him we might have to start again, im convinced it has to do with c line now. the only reason i was asking about dhcp was because the box wasnt connecting to the net to download from addons..... then i got thinking if he cant download addons then he is not connecting to the net to my box, straight away dhcp come to mind dont no why, because that is for the internal ip of the box (idiot) lol
    but yes it will be a reinstall if there is no change. i like pli jade but i might just try a basic darkstar 11

cheers again

• evening all

well all sorted.... at long last.
    the reason why it wasnt connecting as far as i could see, was every time i downloaded bouquets from hanksat or hanz channel settings it would knock out connection to the internet, everytime i download cccam or boot logo or anything else from the download screen there would b no problems, as soon as i loaded one of those channel settings and rebooted couldnt connect to the net, and because i was loading that last it would work b4 rebbot but wouldnt after that!

so i done a reflash pli jade loaded cccam then scanned in channels automatically, as soon as i went to ***sports 1 loaded up straight away all working :haha::haha::haha:

c and f line were fine but had to check

thanks to cazuela and dream500

cheers peeps

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!