best card reader?

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,140 times. The last Post () by Iame.

• The frequencies can be set via your emu software and it supports i beleive upto 8mhz at various levels of voltage. Google it, im sure its around. ECM times, 110-140ms was about i was getting on average, with the omnikey im getting 70-90 ms now. romman you can increase your card speed a lot more than just 3.579mhz. I run my card at 6 mhz.

A

My point is tho buddy that i dont want my sly card running at those speeds/conax seca etc i run at 5 v and 6-8 mhz

• Sly white runs steady at 12 MHz without modding. Times - steady 63-65.
    Whit little modding - 3.7 voltage runs on 16.
    With ~4.2 and passive cooler on card - 24.
    Some got 37-39 EMC from this type of card, but i not risk applying all modifications need.
    So question about Smargo and Onmikey guys - is it possible for example to set MHz at 16 and voltage at 3.7v for example?

• We have Omnikey 3121 stock that arrived this afternoon, I have not made this live on our website yet as I've not had chance to check the stock just to be sure it's all OK (I'm sure it will be but we like to double check these things). Assuming that's all OK then then Omnikey 3121 will be made live on our website around 10am UK time tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, price will be £9.99.

The link once made live in the morning will be this: Omnikey 3121 Cardman USB Smartcard Reader

• hi sat shop guys
    i deleted the post and the link
    sorry, thought i found only smargos on your shop
    will come and order onmykey from you
    sorry
    el pirate

• My upside is that i know exactly what voltage and frequency my card runs at,as an example i have 1 card set at 3.3V 3.579mhz and i,m happy with that.

I'm not an expert, but I can share my experience.
    on Italien Card,sxy, on internal reader in DM -- with setting
    mhz=343, cardmhz=343 I obtain in oscam the best ECM -78-89 ms time.
    I made tests , with lower settings -- at mhz=250 cardmhz=250 - and ECM was 67-70ms ( also in Oscam .
    outside in CCcam ECM is showed = 95-107 ms
    ------
    I test also Mhz, cardmhz=357 , and ECM was higher 135-195 ms ( this in in CCcam - seen on TV screen) .
    So I go back to 343 my initial setting.
    ---
    maybe is helpful.

PS: what I want to add
    if I made combination MHZ=500, cardmhz=357 or 343 -- ECM was also higher in CCcam 135-195ms
    the best result were obtain with 343,(at Mhz, and cardmhz) and is very stabile reading, of card.( without high picks for ECM )

• ok my next question= what to buy in future ???
    Onmikey 3121 OR MaxDigital SmarGo SmartReaderPlus or Argolis SmarGo SmartReaderPlus

your comments will be welcomed.

• We have Omnikey 3121 stock that arrived this afternoon, I have not made this live on our website yet as I've not had chance to check the stock just to be sure it's all OK (I'm sure it will be but we like to double check these things). Assuming that's all OK then then Omnikey 3121 will be made live on our website around 10am UK time tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, price will be £9.99.

The link once made live in the morning will be this: Omnikey 3121 Cardman USB Smartcard Reader

Gr8 satshop just ordered one. I have a smargo running on a debian server with an active usb hub and I am getting 88/90ms so pleased with that but want to try omnikey as have heard a lot on it and this is a bargain

• Omnikey 3121 half the price of smargo and upto 50% lower ecm times without needing a usb hub

• Hi what have folk found to be best as a card reader for *** Uk???? or any other card using via oscam with ubuntu server.

I use Smargo for mine but have a 2nd card now so looking too buy another card reader and maybe for both cards - multicardreader?? Any suitable comments / sugestions /advice please?

• From my experience i find the omnikey delivers the quickest ecm times with nd5 uk subscription !
    I

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• I used to use omnikey 3121 ecm times around 90ms average, but have started playing with a smargo smart reader in a powered usb hub, and overclocked card to 8mhz......ecm times around 70ms now :-)

• I have a smargo(endless trouble) which i dont use. I have a an omnikey which is great and cost <10E and works very well. i also have DM800SE and its 2 cardreaders are trouble free. I recommend omnikey for PC

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!