Reader not recognised

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,285 times. The last Post () by steve67474.

• Got it a bit further than before but now am facing a new problem:)

Iv researched this for the last 3 or 4 hours and cant find a solution.

Iv tried setting

device = serial:reader "serial"

nothing seems to work.

here is the error im getting

2012/03/19 1:38:38 0 s waiting for local card init
    2012/03/19 1:38:38 986D1F0 r Using 0x82 as endpoint for smartreader hardware detection
    2012/03/19 1:38:38 986D1F0 r Found smartreader device 008:003
    2012/03/19 1:38:38 986D1F0 r reader ***uk initialized (device=008:003, detect=cd, mhz=600, cardmhz=600)
    2012/03/19 1:38:39 0 ***uk card detected
    2012/03/19 1:38:41 986D1F0 r usb bulk write failed : ret = -99
    2012/03/19 1:38:41 0 IO:SR: USB bulk read failed with error 1
    2012/03/19 1:38:41 986D1F0 r usb bulk write failed : ret = -1
    2012/03/19 1:38:41 0 IO:SR: USB bulk read failed with error 1
    2012/03/19 1:38:41 986D1F0 r usb bulk write failed : ret = -1
    2012/03/19 1:38:46 986D1F0 r usb bulk write failed : ret = -99
    2012/03/19 1:38:46 986D1F0 r usb bulk write failed : ret = -1
    2012/03/19 1:38:51 986D1F0 r usb bulk write failed : ret = -99
    2012/03/19 1:38:51 986D1F0 r usb bulk write failed : ret = -99
    2012/03/19 1:38:56 986D1F0 r usb bulk write failed : ret = -99

and my cfg file:
    [reader]
    label = ***uk
    enable = 1
    protocol = smartreader
    device = 008:003
    #boxid = *******
    mhz = 600
    cardmhz = 600
    caid = 0963
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2

The smartreader is running on 1.7 firmware if that helps anyone

i tried to run the reader on a powered usb and still get the same errors

• been doing some googling and there are a few things that come up not sure if it is all related to your issue - stick with it, I am sure someone will be able so help! - Do you need to use Oscam? you could read your cards in CCcam direct - that is how I have mine set up.
    another long shot but worth a try

try adding the following to the reader entry for your card in oscam.server

Code
    smargopatch = 1

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• no that command does nothing

I am thinking its my fault.

I updated the card to v1.7

read this post if you can its in german, i translated it to english using google and they where saying that 1.7 is not compatible nor can it be downgraded?

Code
    http://www.digital-eliteboard.com/showthread.php?174224-OSCAM-mit-S02-Karte-am-Smargo-an-der-7170-will-einfach-nicht/page2]
    • Official Post

There doesnt seem to be a definate solution to this problem, here are few things to try.

Instead of using device = 008:003, try it this way, How to get Smargo Serial:Reader info for use in Oscam.

Downgrading the firmware might help, but a few people have killed thier smargo trying this.

I found a tutorial to reset them via a jumper wire!

• tanx man

iv tried the serial:reader trick with no sucess. if yoiu read the errors im getting it looks like oscam can see the card but as soon as it tries to read it fails.

Probably due to smargo v1.7 not compatible

Anyone here running smargo 1.7 with oscam?

oh and that Transistor gate trick is only to reset the chip if it is not detected by usb:

here is the full tutorial for that trick if anyone needs it:

I just received the smargo so im going to return it and never update it again:)

Ill let you all know if it works out well and if that was the actual problem

• Its not dead though, it works fine just not with oscam. iv found other posts around the net even in Spanish, Italian and German all saying that 1.7 is a problem.

Is anyone running smargo with 1.7 firmware?

• There is actually no official firmware over 1.04 for smargo readers. So using any other firmware (tried and tested, fooks them right up)

Code
    For maxdigital we only launched one firmware.
    This is working good.

Please use only software for maxdigital smargo reader which in launched by us.

smartreader+ 1.04 software final!!!!

So using any other firmware other than the original firmware usually ends with the smargo simply failing to work.

• i'm sure my reader failed with this error but it was a clone and then fell to bits once i started looking at it... may not be anything to do with it but check it!, of all my smargo's iv never updated any of them and they work fine, as i found out with my new VIX image - if it aint broke - dont fix it!! :-) , good luck!!!!

• I went at it again this weekend. different card this time and got the same error?

So i build a new server out of parts.

And it works fine now. It was the hardware I was using

Is their drivers for the smartreader available for debian or does it need to be installed sometimes?

Said id post incase someone else is having issues

• I don't think its your reader mate, its deffo to do with your software, something i reckon may not be installed or up to date. I say this because I recently built a new card server and came across this problem. Im using ubuntu 10.4 I updated it all and i beleive it worked after that, cannot fully remember, try it. Also a bit more info on your setup would be great.

A

• bulk write errors occur with two things in my experience.

cheap usb hubs

latest usb libs not installed (early versions of ubuntu.

they can occur when the server crashes also.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND USING FIRMWARE 1.7 EITHER AS CUSTOM SERIAL NUMBER DOES NOT WORK AT ALL IN OSCAM, YOU WILL NOT GET IT TO RUN.

YOU MUST USE

DEVICE = 007:003 (OR WHATEVER YOUR READERS VALUE IS)

STICK WITH FIRMWARE 1.5 AND IT GENERATES A UNIQUE SERIAL NUMBER FOR YOU WHICH YOU CAN USE SUCCESFULLY. I HAVE USED THIS FIRMWARE ON MORE THAN 100 CARD READERS, ALL ORIGINAL FROM SATSHOP_UK AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.

AND FIRMWARE 1.7 IS OFFICIAL FROM ARGOLIS WEBSITE WHICH IS SUBSIDIARY OF MAXDIGITAL (OR OTHER WAY ROUND)

• I have just updated my smargo to 1.7 and am having problems with oscam. I have tried under windows and Ubuntu and I get invalid card message. so there is an issue with 1.7. Going to put it away for now as I have another plus omnikey reader

• Hi
    I need help.I have smago+ firmware 1.7.Is it possible and how to restore the old version 1.3 i tried version 1.3 but it does not go.

Thxxx
    Regards

• cant go back from 1.7 m8 have tried all the tips with no joy. I am sure the cardreader is ok but struggles with oscam at this level wish I had left well alone now. I have another on 1.4 working fine so just have to wait and see wot happens with 1.7

• I think this worked with 1.5 and 1.4 but when you get to 1.7 you are fooked to get back. In fact I tried to update from 1.4 to 1.7 and it would,t let me. I had to go from 1.4 to 1.3 and then from there to 1.7. My reading of it is that the upgrade code only works with official firmware and 1.4 and 1.5 wern't. I WOULD STAY where u are at mo. I was just being inquizzical so now I am stuck at 1.7 it gives me summat to play with. You can certainly give it a serial number or name at this level. No fooking good if it wont work. Like having a deaf dog. Call it wot u want it wont come LOL.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!