News regarding PurE2 - updates, problems and so on...

There are 837 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 73,959 times. The last Post () by electron112.

• Official Post

remember that English may not be every ones first language, so some "manners" may be lost in translation.

With regards the oscam emu on pure2, i too have had issue with those all in one ipk's on this image.

that said the version on pure2 is normally updated very quickly when updates on git become available, far quicker than some other images anyways. If i really cant wait i just update the bin file

[How-To] Update Oscam To The Latest Version On OpenATV, OpenDroid, OpenNFR & OpenPlus

• Yeah, nowt to do with you, wika, it's just the "other"... Never mind the "sorry", the "please explain" and "it's a misunderstanding, I did not mean it like that" and so on.

Just constantly on the attack, never giving me the full explanation...

Fine, if you're gonna be like that - travel well...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• One more thing: I still think it is safer to use PurE2 plugins, as they are usually tested before put in the feeds.

Lately, in particular, there were problems with the "latest" versions of OSCam, as they messed up RAM...

So, it's not always best practise to "keep up", as they sometimes mess it up, then frantically keep issuing new ones, like they did lately...

Sometimes it is better to go back to the tested and stable version, guys!

And if you get the PurE2 version from PurE2 feed - it will be updated, when "good"... ;)

Not that all plugins in PurE2 feed will always be perfect but we do test and talk... :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Boy. This has been such a heated subject.
    "Nonsense" "Rubbish" "Get out of my box" "Why do you want to do that"
    Certainly we may need another, more supportive representative for the title of this thread.
    Wika has already bailed for a simple question of help.
    Which I would certainly have offered if I too have not been tainted with superior attitude.
    Even language barriers shouldn't be a reason for a good and standing member to be chided and encouraged to leave.
    Where one person here has offered much encouragement and patient assistance, another has an antagonistic approach.
    Not just here but in other forums.
    When you stand on the street corner announcing that what you're offering is the next best thing to buttered toast.
    And it's not. Or you cannot take time to calmly explain exactly why. I just don't know.

We update CAMS because that is what is the right thing to do.
    Whether to gain new advantages to hash modes.
    To record in ways that previously a person would just expect did not work.
    To not have to use stream relay anymore.
    To have channels clear faster.
    Certainly not nonsense, and verbiage explaining the enhancements of.

It sucks that Wika took another venue. He didn't have to. He could have gotten the help that he asked for.
    "Nonsense". Did anyone ever consider that to him that it made 100% sense?
    Manners make the man. So will objective conversation and time taken to assist members resulting in a good outcome.
    It ain't-a-happening here.

This forum and the people who promote buttered toast should offer assistance and make new and old members alike feel welcome.
    Good at barking the product. Terrible, and frankly, rude at support

A bit of attitude realignment is in order.

• This is all wrong.

Me not supportive?!? Pull another one. Just look at my posts and my many crazily precise, detailed and FULL answers I give in all directions!!!

Occasionally, there are misunderstanding, sure. It happens, see with wika. Sometimes people end up great friends, after the initial crossed wires. It happens.

With this member, supwiddiss, I owe you an explanation, since he did someting pretty piss poor, right now...

1) I would NOT bring private exchanges in the public sphere. Minimal decency.

2) My beef with him is his intransigence to hear other people, he wants to beat you into submission, proper US military style.

3) Asking for help to explain is not a problem for me. Giving feedback re. bugs is always appreciated and reported back to coders. BUT emotional blackmail ("If you do not do this, then you're a bad person!") is NOT appreciated! I explained why Franc does not want to bring PiG into Estuary, not once, but oh, no - he kept banging on about it 'till the cows came home... Well, at some point, if what you say back is NOT taken into consideration, as I reminded him, one is free to choose either a different skin or different image.

Another member in this very thread was reasonable and accepted my PiG explanation very quickly, no problem, an intelligent, reasonable person and a considerate guy that he is. Not so supwiddiss - he kept clobbering me with that stick, on and on and on... Well, thank God we have a choice, I told him, look at other skins, images... Jenseneverest also explained how to get PiG in another skin, under PurE2. I thanked Jens and case closed. But oh no, supwiddiss kept banging on about it. Well, we all have our limits.

Hence, supwiddiss is on my ignore list!

I have a lot of patience, I put a helluva lot of time into supporting every aspect of PurE2 (and wider), loads of users get pretty darn precise info from me. But at some point, those prima-donnas who must be served or else - I draw the line there, as we all do, somewhere...

Edited once, last by gorski ().

• Hi gorski

Quick question.

Vod in bouquets

If hold right on say Vix/Atv/ you get a seekbar come up to fast forward.

On PurE2 even if set keymap for seekbar, cant find away to get up on PurE2, even if the normal workaround seek forward or seekbar via help button.

Only asking as suggested a few move over and they love PurE2, but these little things they ask me.

Any ideas, or not possible?

Thanks.

• Please, give us a screenshot, if you can, so there are no misunderstandings and we can replicate.

FF/RW as in streaming/playback or Sat TV and EPG seeking or something else?

If streaming/playback FF - you probably know this - buttons 3, 6 and 9 work.

Buttons around OK button can be easily edited as you know. Not working?

I must say, this function I never used, when testing ATV I would edit it...

I will get back on it, of course...

Cheers! :)

• VOD i

Video on Demand in Bouquets, i.e movies/tv shows which come with an iptv.

Normally on OpenATV/OpenVIX you would hold right, then a seekbar would come up, and to pause you would press help pause playback, its a workaround as in bouquets ff and rw dont work, as does numbers as that would just change channel as in bouquets.

But as above, I tried mapping seekbar as a button and as right, but nothing.

Its not an issue for me directly as I hate vod in bouquets, I told them use whatever in XC and use OLM :)

But randomly popped in my head, so thought I would ask.

• Yes, after I posted I went into my ciefp channel list and he has some VOD channels, so I checked. As you say, numbers for FF/RW do not work.

FF/RW/STOP/etc. buttons also do not work, except |>|| button (play/pause - it does pause and restart in my Zgemma H9S, at least).

Yes, like you, I was thinking first in OLM, E2iPlayer terms, where it does work. I also do not use those VOD channels.

I'll ask the coders if this is possible and report back.

Cheers! :)

• Ignore the colour of the screen, I need put hdmi in properly.

Literally to get the seekbar on pic, Hold Right when watching the vod title from bouquets.

No keymaps set or nothing changed.

Not sure that helps, thats on OpenATV.

8e04441f7d2b1.jpg

• Heh, coders are not online, sorry... I also discovered that HELP button is not responding in my H9S... short (Help function) or long (I mapped it to give me OSCam manager). Hmmm...

If you press EPG, at least at my end, since I mapped it to give me the MutipleEPG, then the > button will move things forward, IF you have EPG.

So a Q: if you have EPG in VOD, if you move the cursor forward and press OK, do you actually go forward?

Can you test, please? I do not have EPG in VOD, sadly...

• Nah, on second thought, this will not be the seek function, forget it...

• In Menu > Plugins > Extensions > Seekbar (something...) > restart and I can't find it... Hmmm... L8r... ;)

• Re manual installation of oscamemus, the paths are:

for the binary itself: /usr/bin/cam

control script: /usr/script/cam

in short, it is probably safer to copy the latest binary than install ipk unless the ipk works with the above folders.

• That's not the issue - the inability to install the ipk file from /tmp is a recent problem, after some SW update, as I mentioned... In other words, the users says it worked before, which I did not want to tackle. I simply recommended our OSCam, which will work and get updated but no...

"...installation of ipk files, eg "enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.485-emu-r785-arm + mips_all.ipk"

I ftp them over to tmp, open with manager, local extension.

The program starts but the ipk file is not installed.

This has stopped working after the latest updates."

The other with VOD seeking function, since in VOD FF/RW (or numbers for the same function) do not work.

I tried installing some such plugin but to no avail...

• Did anyone look under pManager - Cam Manager - Install Camd?

There is a plenty binary's with scripts to download.

Just install what you want from there, and If we're late for a bit, or few hours or one day (big deal), just copy your updated binary to /usr/bin/cam (755 permission) and restart camd. :)

• gorski ciao.

I can't find the Oscan or do ncam files,

You can know where it puts Oscam or ncam files that are normally in usr/bin/and script in usr/script/, use receiver Zgemma H2H

Thanks for the reply

NB

I would like to know the path to eventally change the Softcam Oscan EMU and Ncam:bulb::bulb::bulb::bulb::bulb:

• And Franc, as well:

"...under pManager - Cam Manager - Install Camd?"

Simple, all is there, no need to mess around with external bins, it's all included...

Moreover, the "Enigma2 update available" pops up, when there is one ready for your machine. It will include updates to CamDs, plugins, tools, E2, the lot! So, it is best to install CamDs from PurE2, as I keep insisting... ;)

Good luck!

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!