Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,449 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 147,802 times. The last Post () by urie.

• oh but it is....

don't know what box you have and what your image choices are, but you will have a happier life with openatv, openvix, pure2 or openblackhole.

I have a Duo 4K SE and copped on pretty quick that a lot of the images with the most English language support are not available for this box as yet. I'm a noob. The default image wouldn't pick up an Irish terrestrial aerial and I made a quick bollix of installing Black Hole (or configuring it to be exact). I mistook vti for the default vu+ image and ran that. Its ok. I was impressed with the 'transform timeshift into recording' feature but maybe that's available in other images too (?) Anyway this isn't the thread for reporting my blunders and stupidity. Thanks for the pointers :zip it:

• I don't skin EMC in any of my skins, it is a 3rd party plugin.

You would have to edit the skin files in the emc plugin folder. But it's always been skinned ugly.

Don't even know where the files live to be honest, because emc is one of the first things I delete when I creating a new fresh build.

is there anyway to get movie info and covers to show in your skin? and by the way great skin.

I managed to find where the little bugger was hiding /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EnhancedMovieCenter/CoolSkin/EMCMediaCenter_1080.xml

I removed the line to get rid of the cover in emc player <widget name="Cover" position="10,2" size="185,278" zPosition="1" alphatest="blend"/>

I tried to move the cover up by changing the position values, it left and right but not up for some reason.

• I use this skin for a lot of people and they love it. I have it on an xtrend 10000 and lately it has slowed a bit ie I get a bit of lag when pressing say epg, mini screen will open and then a slight delay before epg displays. Image was installed Feb2020 and box has a usb stick for epg and an ssd for recording. Its only for 28east. What would cause the lag to appear and how do I fix? Everything is perfect on this box, toppicks updates automatically but I have a duo2 with openatv 6.4 as a spare and I cant get top picks to update automatically, have to manual run.

Help

• Not a lot has changed in my skins for quite a while. So I doubt its my skins that have suddenly caused a speed issue.

Maybe a plugin you have installed. For example Jedi embeds itself into the epg to look for catchup.

Also huge epg data will cause a lag in opening as it has to search through 1000s of entries to display the correct data. Have you got a massive iptv provider or multiple epg import files checked.

Timeshift can slow your box down

As for toppicks. Openatv sometimes doesn't correctly reference the cron folder.

You need to kick it in my creating a dummy cron in the info panel / cron timers menu
    instructions here

*UPDATED* Slyk Q 1080 (Install - FAQs)

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Thank you. On top picks I obviously followed your instructions more carefully last Feb!! Missed the bit about openatv.

I cant access the box as easily as I would like but on my own today and I checked plugins and there are 2 in there that I may have added by mistake ie used wrong ip say 5 instead of 15 but when I try to remove them they do not appear under red button!! They are Levi45 mips etc!! Can I delete them via FTP but where are they located!! I am looking.

PS Found them in root/usr/lib and deleted them. Did full re-boot still a lag but will do.

Thanks again

Edited once, last by claihew: add a bit ().

• Hi all

Can anyone tell me if KiddaC Slyk Q 1080 (Version 1.30 works on ATV 6.5? including abm, as i ready a few weeks back there was some issues on python etc?

thanks in advanced

you should be able to download it from the skins section of the download plugins in plugins browser and when I tested it it worked. This is on a vu+ solo 4k

• hello kiddac i'm trying to install your skins on openatv newest build. it's says they have installed but they don't show up in the list. even after restart of gui / full restart. usage & user interface > skin setup. it only shows MetrixHD and default.

EDIT:

got it to work now

if you ftp to /tmp and install then it won't show up despite it saying installed 1 package etc.

copying the file to usb and installing from extertal storage seems to work.

• KiddaC having an issue on vu+ solo 4k running openatv 6.5. I have installed the slyk q skin from both your downloads page and the plug-in feeds within the image with the same error. It happens in the EPG section when scrolling through the list it will crash with the attached log file. It seems to happen on the same channels each time, but not all, that are being pulled in from the Saorview Irish feeds. I have tested on the default Matrix skin that comes with 6.5 and the error does not occur. Not a major issue I know but if you are looking for something to do then it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Update: 6.4 does not have the issue

Edited once, last by tbe ().

• Looking for something to do... pffft :eye-tongue:

I am looking to enjoying a little bit of a break, the first time since Lockdown started in March.

[ePyObject] (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method SelectionEventInfo.updateEventInfo of <class 'Screens.ChannelSelection.ChannelSelection'>>,()) failed)

i have deleted your log as you have left your provider in it

Doesn't like the event info for some reason.

• Any skin install needs a reboot gui.

• tbe you might have to do some digging yourself, as it seems unique to your setup and I doubt I can replicate it.

In the skin folder

/usr/share/enigma2/slyk-q-1080

the channelselect files are in.... wait for it....

q-channel-selection.xml

In the screen

<screen name="ChannelSelection"

I would comment out my custom components first one by one, to see if its my components breaking it

Code
            <widget source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="1475,140" size="336,39" halign="left" valign="top" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="topright" font="Regular;33" transparent="1">
                <convert type="EventTime">Duration</convert>
                <convert type="Slyk18ClockToText">Slyk18AsLength</convert>
            </widget>

Code
            <widget source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="1475,177" size="336,39" halign="left" valign="top" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="topright" font="Regular;33" transparent="1">
                <convert type="EventTime">StartTime</convert>
                <convert type="Slyk18ClockToText">Slyk18StartedAt</convert>
            </widget>

Code
            <widget source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="102,442" size="340,33" font="Bold;24" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="midright" valign="top" halign="left" noWrap="1" transparent="1" >
                <convert type="EventTime">NextStartTime</convert>
            </widget>

Code
            <widget source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="102,777" size="340,33" font="Bold;24" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="botright" valign="top" halign="left" noWrap="1" transparent="1">
                <convert type="EventTime">ThirdStartTime</convert>
            </widget>

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!